HomeGeneral ChatI'm saying it-
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/27/2010 10:10:50 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Benne, Libby, T, Boldilocks, Suzann, Jane, Bri, Jean, Daryl, Barbara, Enid, Kim, Jayne, Cate, Trish, Sandra, Shui Kuen, Grace, and everyone (and if I missed, I sincerely apologize, and deserve a flogging with something, because people's names are popping up as I am writing this) Marta, Amy, Chris and......Gloria, and....

How are you? I miss you guys
9/27/2010 10:12:05 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
And BTW, Angela, did you get my email a week ago? Rav wants to make Ann the pin-up for that Canapone top I did-can I have permission??
9/28/2010 6:53:19 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Funny, I wonder if it is the return of the knitting weather. i was just thinking about how much I missed the Elann Chat. Yeah, there is plenty of chat going on at Ravelry, but I miss you guys and seeing the pictures and...
9/28/2010 10:47:42 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
I agree Bets - and I'm guilty because I do check in every day, but don't say much. (What's wrong with that picture???) I'm busy, but so is everyone, it's not much of an excuse.

Maybe we need a re-training programme or something - make ourselves post once a day until it becomes habit again.

Personally, I blame Facebook, because it has made everything so much more instant and informal. You can shoot a single line or even just a word off to someone. I read something the other day that said that under 21s consider emailing to be "old fashioned" because you have to actually sit and write an email, make it a good length, use full sentences, etc. Akin to writing a letter. Maybe that's what's happened here too.

In any event - I'll try to be better too!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
9/28/2010 11:27:20 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Hi, Bets! I check in here every day and also check the Elann Yarns/Chat groups at Ravelry. It's been so quiet here, and there too. Glad to hear from you. Love the new puppy.
9/28/2010 3:19:12 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Me too!!! I miss you guys! I was just thinking this morning that it is too bad that the "elannites" seem to have disbanded - but of course, I have not contributed much around here, have I?
It has been a hard summer for me, with first a bad foot sprain and then a really bad wrist sprain, both of which slowed me down to a crawl and put many projects and plans on ice. Plus an older, dear friend has had very serious health problems and I've tried to help as much as possible.
Ah, but fall is here (with a heat wave, no less!) and there's hope.
Is everyone having a good time?
9/28/2010 3:46:37 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
bets wrote:
And BTW, Angela, did you get my email a week ago? Rav wants to make Ann the pin-up for that Canapone top I did-can I have permission??

Maybe Angela missed getting your email, Bets. No worries - you have my permission, though I'm not sure I'm quite 'pin-up' material!
9/28/2010 6:18:11 PM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63
bets wrote:

Bets, I'm sorry I missed this, but it is so nice to see you post here!

How is that very large and sweet dog in your avatar?
edited by angela@elann on 9/28/2010
9/28/2010 11:54:09 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
My house is now a canine clown college. The only things I can manage to do are things that require a short attention span. Other than that, it's ok.
edited by bets on 9/28/2010
edited by bets on 9/29/2010
9/29/2010 10:40:39 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
bets wrote:
My house is now a canine clown college. The only things I can manage to do are things that require a short attention span. Other than that, it's ok.
edited by bets on 9/28/2010
edited by bets on 9/29/2010

Love the photos of your dogs. DD's Boxer is now nearly 1 1/2 years old so seems to be settling down. He has a taste for polished wood knitting needles still but other than that he's 'knitting' much less. Her kitchen manager and his wife puppy sat whilst DD and I were on the short knitting cruise. DH was quite relieved.
We used to be a chatty, supportive group - we must get back to that. On that topic, does anyone have a contact for Lorraine H? Her new e-mail got wiped along with everything else when the guru at the computer hospital 'cleaned' my hard drive a year ago. So I misplaced her!

Alice
Salt Spring Island
9/30/2010 9:20:52 AM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
...alive & kickin'!
10/22/2010 5:57:06 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
sorry for not posting. Life is a bit hectic at the moment and hopefully things are gonna settle down soon.

I have some very exciting news but dont really want to say anything cuz I'm afraid I'm gonna jinx myself and then it won't actually happen. I already kind of spilled the beans on FB but then stuff happened and I just cant jinx it so I'm gonna wait.
10/22/2010 6:45:45 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Inquiring minds want to know!?! But no jinxes, so we will be patient, maybe. Might have to go Facebook stalking. (joke)
10/25/2010 3:23:55 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
OK, I'm really not a whiner but I can't get used to the way the chat looks now. It is counterintuitive to me. I am finding I do better to go to recent posts, but I liked looking at one screen to see "who was in the house." Glad all are well.
10/25/2010 9:28:30 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
"I do better to go to recent posts"

I agree, Amy. And by the time I log in, go through my personal screen, and then try to get back to reply, I can't remember what I wanted to say.

Even though I used to fight to get them posted, I miss seeing the pics the way we used to post...I still haven't really got the hang of the new gallery.

I also preferred the old chat room for the fact that the most recent posts were at the top of the thread.

Old dog, new tricks...but this one is a really slow learn. It's not very comfortable...
11/1/2010 9:26:00 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
bets wrote:
Benne, Libby, T, Boldilocks, Suzann, Jane, Bri, Jean, Daryl, Barbara, Enid, Kim, Jayne, Cate, Trish, Sandra, Shui Kuen, Grace, and everyone (and if I missed, I sincerely apologize, and deserve a flogging with something, because people's names are popping up as I am writing this) Marta, Amy, Chris and......Gloria, and....

11/1/2010 9:51:46 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
bets wrote:

Hi all,

I have been around but not checking in on this blog too often. I have had a hard time ever since the site went to this new format. I am drooling over all the wonderful yarns being offered in November, but I am trying to reisist due to the economy!

Currently, I have been working on a sweater in Jaeger DK wool from the Purelife patterns at Rowan Does anyone know of or have patterns for cardigans for mother's and daughters. I have a cousin with a five year old who would love to have matching sweaters.

All the best to all you Elannites.
PatQOC
pages: 1
HomeGeneral ChatI'm saying it-