HomeTechnique ChatHelp with rambling leaves shawl
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/7/2010 12:18:58 PM
terrorcat1
terrorcat1
Posts 4
Hi everyone. I am working on the rambling leaves shawl and am having trouble. Has anyone made this one? Are there any corrections? If so, where can I find them? Thanks!
9/9/2010 9:55:04 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
Hi,

I am more then happy to help you with the pattern for the Rambling Leaves Shawl. Could you tell me where in the pattern you are having problems and I can look it over for you?

Thanks,
Maggie
9/9/2010 10:20:02 AM
terrorcat1
terrorcat1
Posts 4
Hi, and thanks,
According to the pattern, it says to knit 6 extra stitches on the left side to accomodate the leaf pattern. I started with the first 12 cast on, 1 selvage stitch, 4 stitches( 1 for each section) the 6 extra stitches, and the last 1 selvage stitch. Slip the first stitch purlwise on every row, work the pattern, then the 6 extra, and knit the last selvage stitch. The pattern says it is worked in sections, but not that each section is worked separately and sewn together. It looks like, and according to the pattern, the sections are worked in a row. It's also hard to tell from the picture if the shawl is straight across the top, or if there is some curve for around the neck. With the 6 extra stitches on the left side, it is lop sided. I tore it out a couple times already thinking I did something wrong, but it came out the same way when I started again. I read the pattern over, and over.... Then I began to consider that there was an error in the pattern. I checked for corrections but didn't find any. So that's my story. Unless I am reading the pattern wrong, or not understanding it, any help is appreciated. Thanks so much!
9/10/2010 1:19:45 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
Hi,

Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your post here on our Chat Center. To be able to answer your questions, we will need take a much closer look at the Rambling Leaves pattern for you over the weekend. We do hope this won't cause too much inconvenience for you.

Best regards,
Maggie
9/10/2010 3:21:20 PM
terrorcat1
terrorcat1
Posts 4
Yeah, It is a bit involved. No problem. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
9/22/2010 10:34:04 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
Hello,

I do apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help with the Rambliing Leaves shawl. We don't want you to think we have forgotten you, but it is taking a little longer then we thought to resolve this for you. I ask for your continued patience as we work on this pattern for you.

Best regards,
Maggie
10/1/2010 1:12:54 PM
acb
acb
Posts 1465
terrorcat1-888923 wrote:
Hi everyone. I am working on the rambling leaves shawl and am having trouble. Has anyone made this one? Are there any corrections? If so, where can I find them? Thanks!

Hi terrorcat,

I knit this shawl for my mother-in-law in 2008, and am happy to report that the chart that's posted with the pattern - Updated July 14, 2008 (by me is correct. It's actually not at all difficult to knit, if you have just a little experience with lace knitting.
10/5/2010 5:28:12 AM
terrorcat1
terrorcat1
Posts 4
ACB wrote:
terrorcat1-888923 wrote:

Hi terrorcat,

I knit this shawl for my mother-in-law in 2008, and am happy to report that the chart that's posted with the pattern - Updated July 14, 2008 (by me is correct. It's actually not at all difficult to knit, if you have just a little experience with lace knitting.

Hi,
Since you knit this shawl, would you mind helping me figure out what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
10/5/2010 3:16:07 PM
maggie
maggie
Posts 59
Hello Terrorcat,

Ann and I have gone over all your questions together for the Rambling Leaves Shawl. So here goes...

1. You are correct, the 4 sections of this pattern are worked in a row.
2. The shawl is straight across the top with the bottom being a half circle.

You mentioned that you have pulled it out a few times thinking you were doing it wrong. We have carefully checked and rechecked the chart serveral times and we can assure you it is correct. While it is hard to see how it is going to turn out in the end just take a deep breath, believe in yourself and follow the chart.

Good luck and please let us know if you need any further help.

All the best,
Maggie
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatHelp with rambling leaves shawl