HomeElann ChatMOONLIGHT SONATA SCARF
Messages in this topic - RSS
5/24/2010 4:46:43 AM
twiggy748
twiggy748
Posts 2
How can I get help with questions about the MOONLIGHT SONATA SCARF? I've gone through the first 16 rows and the first 12 rows but am not clear on the seven repeats of those twelve rows, that include increases. How can I figure out how many times to repeat the directions between the *'s? The scarf is absolutely beautiful and I would love to make it but can figure out past the first 26 rows. Thank you for your help.
5/25/2010 9:46:02 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
I've printed off the pattern and will see what I can do to help.
Chart 1 - gives you the pattern stitches but not the 4 border stitches or the centre stitch. Row 16 gives you 4 + 17 + 1 + 17 + 4 = 43 stitches
Chart 2 gives you the 12 row repeat AND the 12 stitch repeat with end stitches. So, Row 1 - 4 border stitches, place marker (colour A), 4 edge stitches (in pattern), place marker (colour B), 12 stitches in pattern repeat, place marker (colour B), 3 edge stitches (O K O), place marker (colour A), knit 1 (centre stitch), place marker (colour A), [repeat Row 1 as charted as follows] 4 edge stitches, place marker (colour B), 12 stitch repeat, place marker (colour B), 3 edge stitches, place marker (colour A), 4 border stitches.
The 12 stitch repeat will remain constant within the markers (colour B) for the 12 rows of the row repeat. When finished the 12 row repeat you will have 67 stitches, enough for two 12 stitch repeats each side of the centre stitch, so Row 13 (first row of second row repeat) will look like: 4 border stitches, marker A, 4 edge stitches, marker B, 12 stitch repeat, marker B, 12 stitch repeat, marker B, 3 edge stitches, marker A, centre stitch, marker A, 4 edge stitches, marker B, 12 stitch repeat, marker B, 12 stitch repeat, marker B, 3 edge stitches, marker A, 4 border stitches. [4 increases with YOs over = 67 stitches].
Each time you complete the 12 ROW repeat you will have sufficient new stitches to create another 12 STITCH repeat on EACH SIDE of the centre stitch. You will end up with 10 of the 12 stitch repeats on EACH side of the centre stitch.

Hope this helps. Do post again if it's still confusing. It's a very pretty scarf.

Alice
Salt Spring Island
6/29/2010 1:47:12 PM
twiggy748
twiggy748
Posts 2
I had ripped out the 26 rows as hopelessly lost in the pattern. I really appreciate your help! I plan to start over with your using your clarifications.
Thanks again!
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatMOONLIGHT SONATA SCARF