HomeGeneral ChatDancing Crane Stole Knit-a-Long
Messages in this topic - RSS
5/13/2010 2:57:41 PM
meg
meg
Posts 16
Hello Everyone!
I believe this is my first post in the forums, but many of you know me from Ravelry as thewittyknitter

Angela encouraged me to invite anyone from the Elann forums to participate in a knit-a-long for Shui Kuen & Benne's newest (gorgeous!) Dancing Crane Stole Pattern. The KAL starts June 1st and will last until July or August, we are still undecided, but I will keep you all posted The Dancing Crane pattern is available here, at Elann for free, and it uses just 3 balls of the Silken Kydd. So, if you have some in your stash or purchased some from the special last week, now's your chance to join in and kni-a-long! On Ravelry, we currently have 58 participants and I will gladly add your names over there as there will be a random draw at the end for all the participants with finished stole photos.

Please sign up in this thread and let us all know what yarn you plan to use (it is not a requirement to use the silken kydd, it is what the pattern uses)...I look forward to meeting many new friends Meg

--
*~meg~* mom to 8, wife to 1
8/17/2010 8:15:33 AM
joans
joans
Posts 1
i just ordered the yarn for this project and already have a question. in the directions it says "Note: After row 1, cut one strand of yarn leaving...continuing working with just..." Does this mean cut the yarn after row 1 of the purl 4 rows or after row 1 of the pattern?? THank you!
8/18/2010 12:44:42 AM
barbara 097102
barbara 097102
Posts 13
Hi Joan
I haven't knitted this one yet and it looks beautiful. I have done a few out of Nancy Bush's book Knitted Lace of Estonia and most of the ones I have done you cast on the stitches with double yarn and then cut the end of the yarn leaving a tail of 9-10 inches and then just continue with the single ball of yarn. I usually take this up when I start knitting back across the row or you can thread it through later. I think the idea is that having the double cast on makes the stitches stronger when you block it. It really does give the shawl a nice edge finish. Hope this helps and you have fun knitting the shawl - I am so hooked on lace it is not funny.
Cheers
Barb
8/23/2010 2:36:00 PM
elenor reuter
elenor reuter
Posts 7
I am knitting wwith one strand of the suggested yrn and one of Kydd silk. I like a little more thickness to my shawl.
pages: 1
HomeGeneral ChatDancing Crane Stole Knit-a-Long