HomeElann ChatSonata - user product reviews?
Messages in this topic - RSS
4/8/2010 8:46:22 PM
alice10101
alice10101
Posts 1
I would appreciate product reviews from those who have used elann Sonata. In particular I am interested in knowing how this cotton yarn compares with other 100% cotton yarn. How smooth is it to the touch? Is it easy to knit with? Would it be appropriate for children's sweaters? Thanks!
4/12/2010 9:44:59 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
I have only knit one sweater with Sonata. I loved knitting with it. It is smooth and soft and does not split when working with it. However, I have not washed the sweater yet and don't know how much it will grow. I plan to wash it gently and lay it out to dry and see how that works. So far in wearing it the sweater has not pilled yet. I hope this helps.
PatQOC
4/13/2010 5:26:03 PM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
Sonata is great!!! the cable construction makes it soft without being splitty. Wears like iron - I think it would be perfect for childrens sweaters.
4/22/2010 11:09:50 AM
nitramjames
nitramjames
Posts 1
I have made easily seven sweaters with Sonata. It works up well and wears well. Though I have machine dried with some shrinkage, I've also found that when I wash in Woolite and lay flat, the first wash does shrink. I've gotten into the habit of allowing about 1/2 in. shrinkage in the sleeves and body. This works fine for me. I love the yarn. As to comparable to others, Saucy is higher and not any better in shrinking. Stretching as never been a problem
5/29/2010 4:17:53 PM
MacChick
MacChick
Posts 3590
Sonata is GREAT for kids' wear... kids cannot destroy this yarn... it survives washing, drying, being ground into the gravel under a car tire because SOMEBODY left her Sonata top in the driveway, it survives getting caught in the bicycle chain, being used for a tug-of-war game, getting incessantly poked, plucked, pulled and tied around and into all kinds of things. I have knit lace things out of Sonata that are still being worn 5 or 6 years later and still look fantastic. If you knit lace (or anything with loose stitches) this yarn will stay drapey for years and years.
pages: 1
HomeElann ChatSonata - user product reviews?