HomeProduct ChatCircular Vest pattern - armholes
Messages in this topic - RSS
4/2/2010 10:00:53 PM
michele
michele
Posts 2
I am making the circular vest and I'm at the part where I am CO 1/2 way through the armholes. The pattern calls for me to "turn work, CO stitches, turn work" again. I don't understand why I would turn the work to CO these stitches, it doesn't seem logical. Anyone else making this vest who could shed some light?
4/3/2010 11:07:47 AM
angelah
angelah
Posts 63
Hi Michele,

Are you referring to this round from the Circular Vest pattern?
Next Rnd 1: *k2tog, yo* across first section, turn work, CO 28 sts in second section, turn work, *k2tog, yo* across sections 3, 4, 5, 6, turn work, CO 28 sts in section 7, turn work, *k2tog, yo* across section 8.

If so, I believe that the designer has you turn the work, once before casting on, and once after casting on so that you can continue to work around the vest without having to join in new yarn. So you will work across the first section (yarn and last stitch worked are on your RH needle), turn the work (yarn and last stitch worked are now on your LH needle) - CO 28 sts (yarn and last stitch cast on are on your LH needle), turn the work (yarn and last stitch cast on are now on your RH needle) - work across sections 3 to 6...
4/3/2010 4:46:06 PM
michele
michele
Posts 2
I think I have it sorted out. I think the pattern designer assumes I should know what type of CO to do at that point, all the CO's I have done are worked on the right needle, I didn't realize others were worked on the left. Would have been helpful if the pattern said "turn work, CO 28 sts using such and such method, turn work again" Thanks for the reply!
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatCircular Vest pattern - armholes