HomeProject ChatWho bought Sonata?
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/22/2010 9:24:30 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
I could not resist this yarn at this recession buster price. I got 2 bags of five colors. I am feeling ambitious I guess. What colors did you get and what are you planning to knit with it?
PatQOC
3/22/2010 2:19:11 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Seeing as I still have three bags of the Sonata print (Rio - reds, Curacao - turquouse & Renaissance - plums and purples) and one bag (Aegean Sea) of Sonata solid, all untouched from last summer's bag sales, I resisted! Though I did check the reds and purples to see if there were any left that would coordinate with my Rio and Renaissance, thankfully not by the time I looked.

I am thinking I will get to them this summer with some crochet patterns. I really like the ones in the upcoming summer Interweave Crochet. How about you, Pat, what are you going to do with your five colors, and what colors did you get :-)?
3/22/2010 7:02:28 PM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
I bought two bags each of Coffee Bean, Grand Canyon, French Navy, Cedar and Tarragon. Of course I am not sure what I will make with it, but it was such a good price and I made an Adrienne Vittadini sweater this summer with the African Violet I bought years ago. I liked knitting with this yarn and I like the way it is wearing. So hopefully this will stock my stash for awhile. What about you, have you any patterns picked out for your yarn?
PatQOC
3/22/2010 10:00:08 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Those colors are so pretty, I know them from the Highland Wool yarn that I am more familiar with! I concluded after trying to knit with Sonata recently that I can't get even stockinette (my fault, I think it is age-related). So it'll either be knit lace that can be done at a looser gauge or crochet. I like the Elann Peacock Plumes cardigan pattern, there are a few projects done in Sonata that you can see on Ravelry that look very nice.
3/23/2010 1:41:50 PM
smithy813
smithy813
Posts 2
I'm new to this community. I made my first purchase last week, and guess what? It was sonata in butterscotch. It was originally slated for a cardigan in Knit N Style but there are a couple projects in Interweave crochet that are tempting my hooks.
3/23/2010 5:52:15 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
smithy813-850270 wrote:
I'm new to this community. I made my first purchase last week, and guess what? It was sonata in butterscotch. It was originally slated for a cardigan in Knit N Style but there are a couple projects in Interweave crochet that are tempting my hooks.

Welcome! I've heard that Sonata is excellent for crochet
pages: 1
HomeProject ChatWho bought Sonata?