HomeGeneral ChatWow. Swanky new site.
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/11/2010 1:07:42 PM
emily3cat
emily3cat
Posts 900
Haven't been here in AGES. This is quite posh.

emily3cat
3/11/2010 9:24:00 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
emily3cat wrote:

emily3cat

Emily! How are you? I've thought about you so many times, it's great to see you post.
3/12/2010 3:51:14 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
(Waving)

How are you? Still in Iowa??
3/12/2010 5:11:56 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
E3C--- Hi, hi hi! You have been on my mind, so it is wonderful to see you post.

"Reunited and it feels so good..."
3/12/2010 8:22:08 AM
emily3cat
emily3cat
Posts 900
Well, here's the update for those who knew me way back when.

Still at two cats, but I'm keeping my old name. You all were around when I lost two of three, and you were very good to me.

Still in Iowa. Alas. I have been looking for a different job for a couple of years, and I was SO DAMN CLOSE to one this year, but they took the person who had been doing the job as a temp. even though her qualifications weren't the ones in the job description. So, a bit of sadness about that.

Job here is still the same, unfortunately, except that my employer is in full-blown free fall. Basically, I make less money now than when I started five years ago with layoff days (on which I still have to work, go figure) and lack of cost of living increases. Yup. It's not going to get any better.

My dad died unexpectedly last year. Heart attack at work.

Record breaking snow this year, and right now I'm battling some water in the basement and waiting for Roto-rooter.

Yarn/knitting-wise: Still pretty obsessed, and the yarn/fiber stash has grown. I got to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool last year which was totally awesome. And expensive. And fun.

I probably have 10 projects on needles. I have KADD, knitting attention deficit disorder.

I recently did a terrific weekend retreat on Norwegian knitting. Maybe I'll post separately on that. AWESOME experience. So, I'm knitting an incredibly complicated intarsia on #1 needles with teenytiny Norwegian yarn from a pattern in Poetry in Stitches. It's going to be a knockout if I ever finish it.

I wish that they had your profiles up so I could quickly review what everyone else has been up to.
3/12/2010 10:43:18 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
emily3cat wrote:

emily3cat
3/13/2010 3:57:15 PM
mdjones
mdjones
Posts 7
It will take a bit of getting used to but I like it!

--
Marg aka Nittineedles
pages: 1
HomeGeneral ChatWow. Swanky new site.