HomeProduct ChatKnitted Tams by Mary Rowe
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/7/2010 9:05:04 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
For all of you who may have a copy of this book published by Interweave Press (1998-2001) now OOP, you might want to hang onto it or make sure if you decide to sell it, you get the going rate. It retailed for $15 and is now listed for $221+ on Amazon and an auction is up to $75 on ebay. If you see a copy at a yard sale, library sale or destash for a reasonable rate, you might want to grab it. It is an excellent book. Schoolhouse Press still has the book pictured on their website because they said they still have hopes it will be reprinted some day. Meg Swansen has worked hard to bring OOP knitting books back in print, I hope she succeeds with this one too.
3/7/2010 2:05:05 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
I thought I recognized the name of the book so I went to check out the Knitting Library and sure enough I have it!!! I'm pretty excited aobut that!
3/7/2010 3:50:55 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
It's a great book. I examined it once and it's full of good information. Not in my library, altho I do knit a few tams each year.
3/7/2010 9:34:18 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
Thanks for the alert, Benne! Wasn't sure whether I had gotten it back in the days when I was building my knitting library, but I did. I was impressed back then and still am now by it not being only a pattern book, but also examining the tam's anatomy and how you can vary parts of it to get different effects. Also good for techniques, fair isle color advise and the photos of beautiful tams. I don't think I'd pay $221 for it, and I'll never sell it, but your news makes me appreciate it more!
pages: 1
HomeProduct ChatKnitted Tams by Mary Rowe