HomeGeneral ChatHi from Ethel and Jayne
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/5/2010 1:34:41 PM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
Hi everyone!

Haven't been around for a long while, and now I pop back and see how beautiful the site has become!

Ethel is the guinea pig in my avatar. She's a feisty red head who likes to boss our other pig (Mate) around.

I've been spinning and dyeing like crazy. Passed a big milestone on Etsy in January. Health is good. Kids are getting older and more interesting every day. DS is 17 and graduating this year (!!). DD is 13 and in grade-8 this year, lol. She is a doll, but 13 ain't no walk in the park.

Me and not-so-"D" H have separated -- as of August. It was my idea, and I am doing just fine on my own. We aren't making any permanent decisions yet as it's too soon. I've sold the house, and the kids and I are moving into a smaller place (townhouse) at the end of April. Really looking forward to my own place. Kids are with me, and are doing surprisingly well, all things considered. Is separation supposed to feel so good??

Knitting when I can.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi (waves)
3/5/2010 5:19:12 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Waves back!
3/5/2010 7:41:59 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Nice to hear from you, Jayne!
3/5/2010 10:12:50 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Hi Jayne! Wow, it's hard to believe your children are that old now! I can certainly agree that 13 is no walk in the park, for the parents or the children. I wish you and your family all the best with the changes in your lives and hope everything sorts itself out for the best for all of you. It's really good to see you here, I've missed you.
3/6/2010 9:33:10 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Hi there! You've been busy - glad to know you are happy with all the changes. Kids do grow fast, don't they?
All the best!
3/6/2010 10:05:28 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
Jayne,

Its nice to hear from you. Glad things are going well for you and your family and your business. All is good here but crazy busy with 2 little ballerinas!

Libby
3/6/2010 4:49:08 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Your kids are the same age as mine. I will have one graduating this year too. Time flies. Great to hear from you.
3/8/2010 6:11:27 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Hey I have one graduating this year too! But my younger is 15 which is MUCH better than 13, in my humble opinion for both of us. Sorry to hear about the not so darling H, but if you are happier, this seems pretty clearly the right step. It is so good to have people who temporarily vansish check in on occasion.
3/19/2010 9:44:51 AM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
Thanks for all the hellos, everyone. They all made me smile
pages: 1
HomeGeneral ChatHi from Ethel and Jayne