HomePrevious Website ChatHTT Carloway Mills Shetland Aran at 60 % Savings!
Messages in this topic - RSS
2/28/2010 3:16:42 PM
Hi lovely ladies
Can anyone tell me how soft the HTT Carloway Mills Shetland Aran is? I would want it for a man`s jumper not too prickly! Would it be around a 12 ply? Any ideas on a simple aran pattern that is not a graph?
Many thanks
Barb
3/1/2010 1:18:25 PM
Hello Barb,

I was asked to knit the sample garment for the elann.com website.

Whether a yarn is soft or not depends a great deal on personal preference. I found that the HTT Carloway Mills Shetland Aran did soften up after blocking, althoguh I was wearing a t-shirt under the garment. However I am also not terribly sensitive to wool yarns in general. You might like to consider purchasing a single ball and knitting a swatch, and then pinning the swatch near where it is likely to touch your skin while wearing the completed garment to see if it is soft enough for your project.

Best regards,
Maggie.
3/1/2010 2:13:52 PM
Thank you for this advice Maggie - I have nearly finished a jacket for my husband in the Highland Donegal and found this to be quite soft - I wonder if the Shetland Aran is comparable. I will think about sending off for just one ball. By the way, we Aussies thoroughly enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics. Congratulations on how well your Country did. Also, do you know if the lady who dyes your wool in Chile is OK? Is there anything we can do?
Cheers
Barb
3/3/2010 10:54:58 AM
Hello Barbara,

Thank you for your concern for the people in Chile.

At this time we have not heard anything yet from our supplier in Chile. I`m sure once things settle down a bit they will contact us.

If you would like to help we suggest contacting your local relief agenices that you may have used in the past.

Thank you,
Maggie
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatHTT Carloway Mills Shetland Aran at 60 % Savings!