HomePrevious Website ChatCould You Light the Elann Candle, please
Messages in this topic - RSS
2/23/2010 8:29:35 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
My husband has been sick since before Christmas. He had bronchitis which then turned into pneumonia. He talked the doctor out of putting him in the hospital. But then it got worse and he went to the hospital. He went because Dawn and I threatened to move out. gawd men.

Charlie has Copd. Years of working on ships and smoking have taken there toll.
He got over the pneumonia but he is still sick. He has difficulty breathing. And is now on oxygen during the night.

My husband is good at lots of things. Being sick is not one of them. When he starts telling me it is ok to get married again, I am ready to rip my hair out. This is a long term illness. Everyone needs to adjust to this. It is hard times all around. I wish I could make him all better.

No knitting. My only relaxing is playing Farmville when Charlie is sleeping. Dawn thought I might like a change of scene :-}
I have a half a sock that I have been working on since before Thanksgiving.

Please remember us. I think of all of you daily.

Suzann
2/23/2010 9:32:31 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Flickin` my Bic here. Maybe something in dishcloth cotton might be a really mindless knitting relief?? Sending warm thoughts and hugs for you, Suzann.
2/23/2010 9:57:09 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Awww, Suzanne, that sounds miserable all around!
I hope you do get a change of scene soon - even just a matinee and dinner with a buddy - and that Charlie starts feeling better. I do know what sick men are like!!
Sending good thoughts your way!
Les
2/23/2010 10:50:54 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
So sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for you. Of course prayers will be going your way! Please make sure you get a change of scenery to recharge your batteries often enough, even if only for short periods. It will be good for both of you.
Hope Charlie improves quickly!
2/24/2010 6:37:11 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
That really stinks. So hard to be an active person who suddenly isn`t and to know that this is NOT something you are going to get over and be normal. My mother in law convinced herself that if she watched her diet and got her blood sugar under control she wouldn`t have diabetes any more and would then be able to return to her nightly cookies. Pneumonia takes a shockingly long time to recuperate from even for healthy people. He won`t get rid of the COPD, but I suspect he will feel better than he does now in a month or two, and maybe he is just feeling sorry for himself because he thinks he will feel this lousy for the rest of his life. Took me 2 months to return to baseline after pneumonia, and that was when I was young and healthy!
2/24/2010 6:49:21 AM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
Candle lit.
Hang in there and in the immortal words of the flight attendent, "put your oxygen mask on fist..."
2/24/2010 8:30:44 AM
Maybe spring will bring on a better outlook. I am sorry.
2/24/2010 10:55:33 AM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1405
I`m sending healing thoughts your way. Hope for a quick recovery. Make sure you take time out for yourself too!
2/24/2010 12:28:23 PM
needles54@optonline.net
needles54@optonline.net
Posts 43
Personally knowing what a difficult time breathing issues cause for both Tom and I (life long non-smokers) I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers!!!! see you on the farm
2/24/2010 8:04:10 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Well Miss S, I guess I will go gift you a mutant fish, ok? Boo on the evil COPD. When can I skype you?
2/25/2010 5:30:59 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
I hope he gets to feeling better soon, even though it`s a long term situation.
2/25/2010 6:12:25 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
Sending you and DH healing energy, my candle is burning for your both. Great advice given here by all, try and take care of yourself.
PatQOC
2/25/2010 5:45:29 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Suzann, candle lit and prayers for all of you. I hope Charlie feels better soon. I know this has to be really hard on all of you. Really good advice here already, so I will just add my love and thoughts.

XXOO
Benne
2/25/2010 8:57:43 PM
MacChick
MacChick
Posts 3590
Hope is everything. It gets worse before it gets better, but I am wishing you strength through the hardest parts.
2/25/2010 10:41:42 PM
birdlady
birdlady
Posts 1442
Suzann,
Candle is lit and prayers are going up for the both of you. I too have COPD and had pneumonia back before Christmas (I also play Farmville).

I`m hoping that Spring will bring the warmer weather and Charlie will get his strength back and feel better.

Lots of Love,
Denise
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatCould You Light the Elann Candle, please