HomePrevious Website Chathow do you store and keep track of your needles?
Messages in this topic - RSS
2/22/2010 3:21:29 PM
I have such a mess! I don`t know what I have or where they are!
2/23/2010 7:09:43 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
I use a soft quilted needle case I bought at a yarn store years ago. Look at your LYS there are bound to be various types of needle cases.
PatQOC
2/23/2010 7:43:40 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
I keep my circulars in quart size plastic bags, on size for each bag. I have a small basket to store the bags. The dpn I keep in plastic tube with dividers. Found these at a LYS. Good luck. There are various products available.
Jamie
2/23/2010 9:46:08 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
It is pretty easy to make needle rolls if you have access to a sewing machine. You can just make the pockets differing widths depending on whether you are storing double points, interchangeable points, or circulars. I like the binders with clear plastic pockets also, I keep my small circs and double points in there with one pocket for each size. My straights are pretty much just jumbled in a drawer as most of them were inherited and I never use them for other than teaching.
2/23/2010 1:06:18 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Straights are in a pottery jar. DPNs are in a smaller, shallower pot, in their packets or banded together. Circs are in one of those Circular Solutions, hanging up so the cords stay relaxed. Except the interchangeables; those are in plastic pockets in a binder.
2/23/2010 6:40:16 PM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
I use Circs for just about everything. I keep them in a fishing tackle bag I bought at a sporting goods store. The bag is binder-like filled with heavyweight ziplock bags. The whole thing zips shut and has a handle.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website Chathow do you store and keep track of your needles?