HomePrevious Website ChatBlizzard of the century!
Messages in this topic - RSS
2/11/2010 4:28:34 AM
Well here outside of Baltimore we have just gotten 26inches of snow after 24inches of snow we got last Saturday! I have not been to work since Thursday last week! Snow total for Maryland for this winter is 80inches so far and our normal is closer to 17inches!

What have I been doing? Knitting of course. Luckily I DH and I have enough food, good wine and we have so far not lost power as so many have.

So far I have blocked two sweaters and sewn them together and I started the Bloomsbury Jacket in Highland DK in Admiral Blue. This is the jacket on the cover of Cheryl Oberle`s book.

I figure I would have to be snowed in for a year to use up my stash. I have been coveting many of the yarn offers that have been seen here recently but so far I have resisted. My mantra: I have too much yarn, I have too much yarn. But a girl can only be so good right? Tuesday`s yarn is calling to me; we will see.

Anyone else caught up in this Mid-Atlantic storm?

PatQOC
2/11/2010 6:46:23 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
It is glorious, isn`t it? As long as the power stays on and there is no need to get anywhere. I braved the grocery lines on Tuesday to get chocolate so DD could bake, but the party for which she was to make the cake has gotten cancelled and she is bummed. Had to send DH to another grocery store since the one I went to was all sold out of eggs. This morning the sun is shining the white is beautiful and I`m heading out to see if I can find our cars in the driveway.
2/11/2010 9:21:10 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
My DD and family are buried somewhere in Baltimore. Who knows if they have found the street and much less their cars. The amount of snow is quite overwhelming.
Take care all and enjoy your knitting!
Jamie
2/11/2010 9:33:03 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Wow! That`s a dump of snow! A little snow day downtime can be a good thing - as long as the power stays on!
2/11/2010 10:49:32 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
We have family-by-love in Portsmouth, RI. Haven`t heard from them yet, but they were in good shape with the last big storm, and they`re very adaptable.

Glad you`re OK, and hoping the rest of the Elannites are safe and warm, too!
2/11/2010 6:41:56 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Glad you are well. Got the funniest email from one of my best friends who teaches in DC. No school, airports closed, government shut down, but UPS can get to her townhouse to deliver the things she has ordered from QVC since she`s been trapped at home.
2/13/2010 8:37:59 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
And we haven`t had a flake of snow up here in northern New England in weeks! Bare grass everywhere.

Joan
2/13/2010 3:01:09 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
We got our snow yesterday. About 4 inches. Beautiful, fluffy and by this afternoon almost gone.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatBlizzard of the century!