HomePrevious Website ChatWhat`s on your needles?
Messages in this topic - RSS
1/29/2010 8:35:09 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Sure is quiet here? I`m on a diet of sorts, both for weight and for yarn. I`ve lost about ten# and am knitting away on my stash. Knitting small left overs into small projects and finishing a prayer shawl in chunky Marble yarn!
What`s keeping all of you busy?
Jamie
1/29/2010 9:42:50 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
I`m impressed with both achievements. Hard to lose weight when sitting and knitting, but I suppose if the hands are busy. My new justification for startitis is developing thumb pain with certain projects. I know I should give the hands a break for a few days, but just can`t do that, instead I`m switching off projects. Druid mittens, are enticing, but hurt my hands so I have to set limits, started a Saroyan scarf in Atacama alpaca which I overdyed so the color changes less glaring, love that, Falling Waters scarf as a minimal thought purse project, Featherweight in overdyed laceweight picked up again last night for a few rows, my Horizonatal Hues in Highland wool - which I bought the yarn for back when we first did our exchange for the color cards - pulled it back out because it bothers my hands the least. Trying to enjoy what I have to fight the cravings which tell me I have to have more, more, more especially with the upcoming February yarns.
1/29/2010 4:48:12 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Hi Jamie! You`ve been busy in a good way!
I am currently knitting a long-overdue sweater for DGS#2 and trying hard not to touch other projects until this one is done. Hoping for progress this weekend.
1/29/2010 5:50:20 PM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Congrats on the weight loss Jamie - I haven`t been ab;e to get to the gym since before Christmas now because of babies waking up at 3am. Don`t know why - it`s like having newborns again and they had both been sleeping 12 hours slid for over a year.

Since the start of Jan I`ve made a felted stocking and 2 pairs of felted slippers. I`m about halfway through a ballet wrap for DD1 who just started ballet, designing it as I go.

All these projects are from stash - and the one I finished up before these (a man`s sweater in HW) was too - so I`m feeling very virtuous!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
1/30/2010 5:43:51 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Good going, Jamie!! I bought a little snack of Manos Silky Blend while on a trip last week and have started http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/winding-river-cowl. The yarn is a magenta colour and the yarn very nice. I have many half finished projects I must get back to but I am half way on this cowl and may even continue to the finish line!
1/30/2010 10:12:53 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Well done, Jamie. I finished Christian`s blanket just after New Year`s, 60"x72", which was quite a feat as the white box of HW yarn arrived the first week in December. Four cable patterns in the middle section and then borders and borders until it grew big enough. Working on the coordinating cushion covers since. Also an Estonian shawl in crimson. Plus, I`m swatching for the projects for the June retreat. I want to get two different vest patterns planned out so that I can take them to Mexico with me and knit up a storm sitting out on the patio.
Alice
Salt Spring Island
1/30/2010 12:26:50 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Daryl, The first ten# is easiest for me, especially weight I`ve added in last twelve months. My game is no food between meals and smaller meals. Progress is slow but it helps with the artritis. I can knit certain weights of yarn more easily than others. In fact, I`m ready to throw out most chunky weights, even heavy worsted for lighter projects. Giving away yarn is so hard emotionally for me, although I can find takers for most give-aways.
Sound like you`re quite busy with both light and heavy projects. Happy knitting, Jamie
1/30/2010 12:30:45 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
The Yucatan again, is it, Alice? That`s a lot of knitting for Christian`s blanket in 3 weeks! Espero que tengas un viaje muy placentero!
Jamie
1/30/2010 1:47:01 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
The knitting mojo is in high gear here! Since I finished the holiday gifts (mailed 3 days before Christmas cough, cough), I`ve finished 2 small shawls with Picasso, 2 sideways-knit scarves (a la Baktus) from old stash, a Peaks Island Hood, 2 hats for charity and my first (very plain) mittens. I have another scarf nearly done and I`ve started the Karen Shawl with some lovely alpaca-blend yarn I bought 2 years ago at Stitches on SSI. I thought I was going to knit Saroyan with my long-stashed Fleece Artist Kid Silk, but it`s not the right sort of pattern for the yarn.
1/30/2010 2:34:56 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
Way to go Jamie!!
1/30/2010 2:39:46 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Forgot to say how nice it is to know you`re doing well and the knitting is moving along. Love the stash-diving! To lose 10lbs is tough, and you should be proud of yourself.
1/30/2010 4:47:11 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
My felted slippers finally developed a blowout, so I started a new pair last night with HW. Today, I was side-tracked (oops!) from my slippers by a pair of socks that I`ve been wanting to start! I`m going to blame my distraction on Jean`s Mountain Man sock pattern; it has a wonderful Sherman heel (that requires I should spend my whole day experimenting with all the various sock yarns known to man!).
1/31/2010 9:52:01 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Wow, CBM, you have been making fantastic progess on your needles!
As to weight, it`s a slow process, but I am feeling better. Now, if I can get losing....
Jamie
2/2/2010 4:09:44 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Inlaws visiting+puppy=not much!
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatWhat`s on your needles?