HomePrevious Website ChatSt. Theresa is top-rack dishwasher safe...
Messages in this topic - RSS
1/1/2010 11:26:19 PM
Well, maybe not all Saint Theresas, but the one I picked up at the nice church thrift store...

For years I wanted a decent statue of the Infant of Prague (IoP, as bets puts it) and never found one till a summer or two ago when someone`s aunt had kicked and the statue was up for grabs at a garage sale, five bucks. He`s a nice one, about a foot and a half tall, and since the rate of illness here suggested upscaling from the six inch statue I bought the oldest son years ago, I went with it and told people I had supersized him, like a Happy Meal...

Well, all of a sudden this fall He is in every thrift shop I go into. I don`t know if a particular demographic is dieing/downsizing/moving to Florida, but I have found every Variety, including one soft plastic one that may have had a light bulb inside and which gave me the heebie jeebies. Well, the second time I went back to the nice little Church Thrift Shop, two of them were up on the 25 cent rack. How can I leave the IoP on the 25 cent shelf and expect any results from all my candle burning, right? And just - how could I leave Him there? So I picked up those two...and further down the wall on a different shelf was a bust of St. Theresa, who is my patroness. She was a buck and she was filthy, I mean really sooty dirty, but I had TWO IoP`s, and she IS my patroness, and, well, little as I needed it (Somewhere I have TWO statues of her, each large enough for a small church, one inherited from my great Grandma and one saved at a yard sale years ago...)she had to come home with me.

Which did not stop her being, well, filthy.

So I thouht about it, and put her on the top rack of the dishwasher.

Problem solved.

If anyone out there needs an IoP and does not have one, I just might be the person to contact. And if you happen to be named Theresa...
1/2/2010 3:34:17 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
And your patron saint is now sparkling clean....

someone out there is having a conniption. I can HEAR it.
1/2/2010 10:17:30 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
ROFL!!!

We have 2 saints in our garden: St Francis has his own Frank`s Garden with the lemon verbena tree, and St Fiacre (fee-kur), the patron of gardeners, is in our herb garden.
1/2/2010 8:06:06 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
We have Frank.
1/2/2010 9:17:12 PM
Lisa W
Lisa W
Posts 738
Hey, I have a St. Fiacre....but I thought it was pronounced fee-ock`-ruh...oh well, okies!
1/2/2010 10:18:56 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Your pronunciation is probably more correct. It`s also the pronunciation of the name of a horse-drawn carriage used by the Hotel St Fiacre in Paris.

I cannot now find where I came across the pronunciation I gave, though it was in connection with buying our statue
1/3/2010 9:14:56 PM
bets, everyone should have a Frank. How can you not like a Saint who talked to wolves and birds and who kept taking off his clothes and giving them to beggars?

My mother has a headless one. At least, I think she has a headless one. I may be hallucinating this. I can`t recall the entire story. Something happened. I will get it out of her.

She`s been through several of the others. And there is one in the garden right now with a 70`s haircut.

T
1/4/2010 8:15:02 AM
So... do any of you have a Virgin Mary in the front yard shielded by an old bathtub painted blue inside?
1/4/2010 10:59:46 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
LOL! I`m not even Catholic. I just figure our garden needs all sorts of help.
1/4/2010 8:26:19 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
You don`t say which St. Theresa it is (de Lisieux or de Avila?) but I think either of them would be very pleased by your treatment - the former at the opportunity for sacrifice, the latter marveling at technology - so you must have garnered extra points in heaven...
1/5/2010 11:49:57 AM
now that`s funny! I like your thinking :-)
1/6/2010 9:00:58 PM
So do I! It was Lisieux, and I do have a Virgin Mary in the front yard, but she has a concrete grotto made to fit her. DH would have drawn the line at a half buried bathtub...

MIL was absolutely taken aback that I intended to keep her when we moved in (She was already here) but struck absolutely dumb when I told her I might as well, otherwise I`d have to buy a new one...
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatSt. Theresa is top-rack dishwasher safe...