12/31/2009 7:01:27 AM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Usually when the type of wool is not specified I am not clear on how soft it will be. So I thought I would share that the fiber this is most like in softness is cotton. That makes it softer than the less expensive cashmere store bought sweaters but not quite as soft as Lobster Pot Cashmere. It is the softest non cashmere wool I have ever knit with. I am so impressed with it I have ordered another "batch" as it is too impossible to choose among the colors. I am crocheting an afghan with granny squares and my favorite color combo so far is the intense red and gingersnap. They would make gorgeous colorwork mittens.
12/31/2009 7:56:37 AM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
Very tempting Amy. I love the intense colors. Can`t wait to see your afghan.

suzann
12/31/2009 8:45:05 AM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
have you tried the red with the citrine? I was wondering if it would work for intense/shaded color work. I`ve not done much crochet work but am interested. How many balls would it take for shawl? I have an idea in my head for multi-colored flowers with a darker background.
12/31/2009 9:19:30 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Sounds very nice! Are you going to post some pics?
Les
12/31/2009 9:59:25 AM
I have to agree about the cantata- this is good crochet yarn and soft! I got the bright blue and it is absolutely gorgeous. I think another order may be happening...
12/31/2009 12:50:42 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
a friend of mine ordered this stuff and let me feel it. Its absolutely wonderful. I`m sooooo tempted to get of the yarn diet. I fell off of it when the Peru Soft came to town and over did it (I`m not regreting it) however there is no room for more.
12/31/2009 8:04:10 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Not a lot of contrast between the red and citrine although they look great together. More contrast with the Intense red and Caramel, which is really a gold.
Chris, I started to use the black as a border but I am finding the the light dulce really makes the colors pop.
Les, I will try to take some pics this weekend, I have 8 squares.
Crochet eats yarn, although it is faster than knitting. Not sure how much for shawl, but it will be more than it would take to knit the shawl.
The color differences in the plies give it nice depth. My black has no color differences in the ply, it is the only one that is a solid. ( I know someone had a question about the black a while back.)
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatMore on the Cantata