HomePrevious Website ChatHW Complimentary Colours
Messages in this topic - RSS
11/24/2009 4:22:55 PM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
I am trying to find colours that will go together to make felted clogs, a lighter shade for the top and darker for the sole...Purchased what I thought would work but they didnt when I actually saw them...I know I can get a sample card and will but I need to get the yarn as quickly as possible to get things done to be sent as gifts for Christmas. Any help would be appreciated.
11/24/2009 9:38:12 PM
evelyn
evelyn
Posts 990
Can`t help you with colours Oma but I just had to tell you this. I just finished a pair of felted clogs using chunky wool (very chunky) and I just went about the pattern not thinking that I was using chunky, and doubled the yarn. Wow, are they big.
The soles must be about an inch thick. They look funny but very cozy.
11/25/2009 3:58:28 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Oh, this is fun, choosing for someone else. Here are some combo`s I like.
Augergine + golden bark
Augergine + boysenberry
Eggplant + Periwinkle
Charcoal + Periwinkle
Chocolate truffle + chestnut
Deep blue sea + twilight blue
Have fun!
Les
11/25/2009 10:07:37 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Hi! What did you pick up? Maybe we can come up with combos for your yarn???
11/25/2009 10:47:47 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Oma-
I bought charcoal gray and dusty rose for a felted hat and am not disappointed.
Bri
11/25/2009 1:17:46 PM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
Lol Evelyn...I bet they are cosy!!

Les: thanks so much.....some great combinations...stay tuned:)

Bets: I have made 2 pair already with the 2 shades of indigo and Aubergine & Violet heather. Just finished felting the violet pair...my first attempt at felting...and I really am happy with the result.

I also have:
Arizona clay & redwood and Deep blue sea & dusty teal which although not what I expected might work.
The one that really wont work is claret & raspberry.
I cut and pasted to Word and tried to blend colours but they arent the same in real life.

Wondering about dusty rose with the claret? and I`ll need something to go with the raspberry.

While I`m at it I had thought about the russet & pumpkin, fiddlehead & irish moss and tuscany & oregano. Guess Im a monochromatic kind of gal:)

I need to make 7-8 pair so need to get the rest of the yarn ordered asap:)

Bri: I love pink and grey..that is another option...thanks.
11/25/2009 3:31:03 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
I made a Ribby Cardi in HW deep blue sea and dusty teal, and I really like how it turned out.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatHW Complimentary Colours