HomePrevious Website ChatSaw this for the Picasso
Messages in this topic - RSS
11/21/2009 4:23:33 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cerus-scarf/people
I was thinking that this scarf might be nice in the Picasso with it`s long runs of colour..........
I have so many things on the needles right now, why doesn`t someone try it for me :-} What do you think, Bets, Kelly?
Les
11/21/2009 5:21:04 AM
jeanflores
jeanflores
Posts 2658
It almost looks woven. Very pretty.

Peace,
Jean
11/21/2009 7:03:01 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I think that`s the right pattern for it, Les.

At my house, Picasso is trying to talk me into being a pattern out of the Kafe Fasset design book (patern 173), or More Sweaters, the Nordic design book. I was going to put Lavendar and Alpine Flowers together, but they are too close together in tones. So Fresh Earth and Alpine Flowers, with one of the greeens for flower stems.

These yarns are talking quite loudly, and distracting the crap out of me, so I am having a hard time looking at other patterns.
11/21/2009 10:14:39 AM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1405
It`s beautiful and does look woven! I don`t think I have enough Picasso to make one. Maybe I need to order more. Did anyone get Fresh Earth? I`m wondering if it`s more monochromatic since I see only a hint of blue. Did you succumb to the Picasso, Les?
11/21/2009 10:36:21 AM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1405
Bets, I posted the question on Ravelry but what does fresh earth look like? Is it rust and dark brown? Can you even see the blues?
11/21/2009 10:50:05 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Good pattern, Les, this is a version of the stitch we are going to be playing with in June. Somebody try it in two colours of Picasso. [I may have to break down and buy some.]
I`m just finishing a baby jacket in half-linen stitch in the Laines du Nord Giunco that Elann had in early fall. Two shades - the rusts and the spring garden colours - two rows of each. Looks great as it all mellows in together. Knitting group thought it must be really complicated until they realized that I was knitting and talking about their knitting at the same time.
Alice
Salt Spring Island
11/21/2009 11:38:23 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Great idea, Les! I`ll have to reconsider my plans for my (sampler) supplies of Picasso.

Funny that stitch should appear at this time - I love it and in fact just used it for a scarf made with Tokyo. It was the best way I found to just show Tokyo without any unneeded embellishment; but I hadn`t linked it yet to Picasso...
11/21/2009 11:46:30 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Yes, but you are the SuperKnitter, Alice. They (and we others who know you) undoubtedly realize that you can knit anything and talk about other knitting at the same time.

Grin
11/21/2009 11:59:07 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Kelly, I ordered two balls of Fresh Earth, thinking of making a Kap (with the yarn doubled). I have not started working with it yet, but what I see are very long runs of rust/brown/tan, brown/blue/tan, dark brown/blue/darker tan, apparently in that order. I started unwinding to see how long the color runs are, but gave up because it was going to be a job exceeding my available time.

Clear as mud? Hope somebody better with colors chimes in...
11/21/2009 1:56:22 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Yes, Kelly I did buy three colours. a bag of the Fresh earth and 6 of a couple of other colours. I will check the Fresh Earth and see what I see...........no blue at all. It`s a grey to my eyes! It goes from a rusty brown to grey.
11/21/2009 2:06:38 PM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1405
Thanks, Les and Marta! It sounds very pretty. There`s still a bunch left so I may break down and try that and Teaberry. That one looks pretty too. I`m enjoying this yarn. It`s quite pleasant to knit!
11/21/2009 8:42:30 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
All this talk of the Picasso got to me! Plus seeing the manly Cerus scarf that Les suggested. Some Midnight Fern just popped up tonight so I ordered 4 balls of it, happy I`m going to be trying some :-)
11/21/2009 11:07:15 PM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1405
yay! You`ll be glad you got some. It`s no fun being left out of the party!
11/23/2009 10:42:36 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
I went to go check out your link and discovered that I had already queued it, but was thining to use my Oak for it. I like the idea of Pablo instead. That bad boy is clearly budging in line.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatSaw this for the Picasso