HomePrevious Website ChatIs there a turquoise HW bulky shade?
Messages in this topic - RSS
11/13/2009 9:10:38 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
I cannot find a bulky wt wool in color turquoise anywhere. I really don`t want to knit two strands of worsted together for gauge. Does anyone with samples know if there is turqouise blue color in the bulky HW?

Joan
11/13/2009 9:39:50 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Joan,
I have the color card and the Turkish Sea is a deep rich turquoise, a bit darker than appears on my monitor. Are you trying to match something?
11/13/2009 10:13:08 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Lamb`s Pride Bulky has a shade called Aztec Turquoise and another shade called Ocean Waves looks like turquoise too.

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
11/13/2009 10:24:40 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
I was just thinking maybe I don`t really know what turqoise is! Turkish Sea has more blue in it than most turquoise...reassessment due to comparing with Berkshire samples. They have a shade called turquoise (on the green side) and also blue ming (on the blue side) which is closer to what one might call turquoise.
11/13/2009 10:57:21 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
It`s for knitting a gift for a niece who loves turquoise, as in the color of the stone. So a clear blue/green. I see that HW has lots of turq/teal options but not bulky. Will check out the ones you recommended, Sandra and E. Thanks!
Joan
11/13/2009 11:33:46 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
Sandra, do you have a snip of the Bayou color? Wondering how that was. That Turkish Sea is so pretty but I don`t much green in it, on my monitor. Does it have green in it?

I`d love to stick with an Elann yarn because the Lamb`s Pride is too rich for my blood. ;-p

Thanks,
J.
11/13/2009 4:56:41 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
I do have the Bayou on my color card! It resembles the HW Mesa Teal a lot, maybe a tad bit grayer and greener (relying on my Ott ligh here, it is dark out).

Yes, the Turkish Sea really is a true blue, no green, gray, red or purple undertones. It is really pretty!

The turquoise stone is more of a pastel or light turquoise, right? The Berkshire turquoise and HW Precious Turquoise (maybe this is discontinued now) are very similar to each other but both are more color saturated than the turquoise stone. Berkshire also comes in a bulky weight if you`re interested. Haven`t tried out the Berkshire but got the color samples to find a coordinating color with my Needful Joy self-striping sweet peas color from last year...want to stretch my 7 balls into a sweater!
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatIs there a turquoise HW bulky shade?