HomePrevious Website Chathand dyed yarn - knitting from 2 balls
Messages in this topic - RSS
11/2/2009 10:33:33 AM
I always have a hard time alternating balls when knitting with a hand dyed yarn particularly on a cardigan. If you do it at a seem or front band, one side is always thicker than the other becuase of carrying the yarn up to the next rows.... SO I thought about making it part of the "design" I decided to switch yarns in the middle back and knit the stitch with both yarns regardless of whether I`m switching balls in reverse stockinet. Its looking pretty darn good! Just thought I would share my idea and see what you guys thought of it
11/2/2009 12:15:28 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Like adding a texture? Never thought about THAT, but I will now. I like to knit in the round-it`s a lot easier to swap skeins that way.
11/3/2009 6:44:05 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
What a great idea! Would you mind taking a picture and posting it on the side bar so we can see? thanks, Daryl
11/4/2009 3:56:48 PM
Oh my gosh... I was JUST going to say..sorry don`t know how to do that BUT my dear husband just got me a blackberry and I can take a picture and email it out.. I`m so 20th century...and yes I know we are in the 21st..take it sloow folks
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website Chathand dyed yarn - knitting from 2 balls