HomePrevious Website ChatFeatured patterns in the Peeks
Messages in this topic - RSS
10/28/2009 8:31:16 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
...were knitted by Bets, Shui Kuen and Eileen! Beautiful work, ladies!!!

What a tough month November is going to be...

Marta
10/28/2009 9:19:17 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Oh, E-I have to admit, I like yours MUCH better in a solid color. How was your pattern?
10/29/2009 5:01:09 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Definitely in a solid colour - that striped original is just plain weird!

Somehoe Elann worked their magic on the pattern - it had a strange thing happeneing at the neck. The two fronts are two complete rectangles meet in the centre - there is no binding off for the neck. I didn`t know how it was going to look on a person, but they pulled it off!

The Peru Soft is wonderful yarn to knit with, so soft that it could be absolutely worn next to the skin. It has the floppy, drapey qualities of the alpaca and seems to behave more like alpaca than wool. You would never know there is acrylic in there - except for all the extra yardage you get because of it! It`s a substantial yarn - it feels like Lamb`s Pride Bulky but much much softer. Oh, and it is very easy to block - just damp it down and pull into shape, it looks much the same unblocked as it does blocked.

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
10/29/2009 5:01:39 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Excuse the typos - it`s first thing in the morning here.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
10/29/2009 7:27:59 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
They are gorgeous. It is amazing how much more intrigued I am by patterns when they are re-knit for Elann than I am when I see them in the magazine. I can`t tell you how many times i have looked through a magazine and thought, I can do without this, then the pattern shows up here or on Ravelry done again and I think oooh, I wish I had bought that magazine..
-E thanks SO much for the yarn review. I thought it looked super soft, but was afraid it would be another it looks soft, feels soft to the hand, but could you wear it around your neck? Looking for some bulkier super soft weights for the girls to use for presents.
10/29/2009 7:43:07 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
The knitted samples are gorgeous! Y`all did a beautiful job knitting and the yarns are so pretty, I am in really big trouble. I agree with Darryl, I always like the patterns better after I have seen them reknit and they show up here. Lovely knitting and great reviews, gals!

Benne
10/29/2009 10:05:27 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
I agree, absolutely beautiful knitting, Bets, Shui Kuen and Eileen! Very good job at tempting us too :-)
Each project is so appealing in different ways, Elann does an excellent job of choosing them, something there for every knitter and gauge choice. I can see how the acrylic addition has its good points especially in Bet`s project which probably would`ve been substantially heavier without it!
10/29/2009 10:10:41 AM
Stooooopid question here, but..

where am I supposed to look to see these beautiful works of art?

-Marie
10/29/2009 10:21:52 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Marie click on Sneak Peeks. There is a link in each yarn description to a sweater knit by an Elannite in the give yarn. click on the link and you will see either the sweater or the Vogue issue from which the pattern came. if you get the Vogue issue, click on Contents and the picture of the sweater will come up.
10/29/2009 10:28:20 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Daryl - it`s definitely soft enough to wear around the neck. BUT... it is a little sheddy and I have no allergies at all but would feel a tickle in my nose as I was knitting it. I say do the mittens first and then you`ll know if you want cowls too, LOL.

--
10/29/2009 10:29:23 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
You were all really smokin` those needles! The featured projects are so pretty.
10/29/2009 1:42:38 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Sample skeins are here, and the Peru soft is soft and light. It also means that I got a chance to give each of the projects a long look over, and they are wonderful, ladies.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatFeatured patterns in the Peeks