10/28/2009 9:51:21 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
The thread below about knitting every pattern in a book got me to thinking about something else.

If you were to have a book of your favorite patterns, what would patterns would your book include?

Off the top of my head, my book would include:

1) Tangled yolk cardi.
2) Lady Eleanor (which I have yet to make)
3) A yolk sweater
4) A top down sweater
5) recipes for cardis or sweaters and I can make it my own... kind of like "Custom Knits"

That sort of stuff...
10/28/2009 10:06:39 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
An Ann Budd and a few stitch dictionaries. I was so flummoxed by the "knit thru a book" idea, because there aren`t a lot of `whole books` I want to make. Maybe a whole Rowan or something.
10/28/2009 8:22:55 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
I have a lot of sock books, but I never wanted to knit every pattern. I know there is a KAL at Ravelry knitting through Cookie A book.
I`ll get back with my list. I tend not to knit things twice.

Suzann
10/29/2009 7:51:51 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Oh, I would really have to think about that but I`d have to have some Kim Hargreaves patterns, EZ patterns, topdown because I learned how much I loved that knitting the MacChick shawl back shrug a few years ago, stitch dictionaries, SK`s shawl patterns and now I have to think some more. :) The idea of knitting my way through a book on a schedule makes me feel panicky and like I used to feel beginning a term paper, you know, back before the earth cooled and I was knitting with dinosaur bones.

Benne
10/29/2009 8:43:39 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
This is also a great question. I would have to have some Kaffe Fassett designs in my book, but I love lace work and aran/celtic patterns too. More to think about!
PatQOC
10/29/2009 9:58:38 AM
I don`t have a lot of knitting books, and out of the ones I`ve flipped through in passing, I can`t say that I would want to knit each and every pattern in it.

Not sure what I`d want in my book.

Probably a few Shui Kuen`s shawl patterns. I made the Luna Moth Shawl and her instructions were so well written, it was actually easy for me!

I`d also want some stitch dictionaries in my book too.

I think I`d have to look at more knitting books before I can really answer this question.

-Marie
http://smariek.blogspot.com
10/29/2009 10:52:57 AM
Benne please email me
10/30/2009 11:23:24 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13223
I would like to have some stitch dictionaries, there are never too much.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatPersonal Knit Book