HomePrevious Website ChatFall is so beautiful this year
Messages in this topic - RSS
10/27/2009 10:19:10 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
The last few years we didn`t have much rain, so the trees were not very colorful. This year they are gorgeous. Thom and I took walks yesterday and I took some pictures of the leaves and the dogwood berries.My summer birds are gone and my winter birds are arriving. I hear them twittering in the underbrush. You can hear them, little White-throated Sparrows - http://tinyurl.com/yznfdm8

It`s been kind of difficult lately. The docs tried me on meds to help my esophagus but I had central nervous system side effects, some not fun stuff, so I had to stop taking them. They now say there is not a med that can help what is going on and the only way to help me with swallowing and eating is `procedures` done every couple of months. I`ve had three of those since surgery and if that`s what I have to do, well, that`s what I`ll do. Just call rotorooter. :)

The garden did pretty well this year and I put quite a bit of food in the freezer, I made some preserves and pickles. It felt good to see tangible proof that I got some things accomplished this summer. I am knitting a little again, maybe if I get some knitting accomplished and WIPS finished, my concentration and mojo will turn up again. That would be fabulous! In the meantime, you all are keeping me inspired with all your creative projects. Watch this space, maybe some knitting will show up! :)

Benne
10/27/2009 11:03:13 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
If you have to have the `procedures`, so be it, think of all the things that you CAN do. You need to order yourself lots of yarn even if you just display it in baskets until something inspires you. Lots of new books out this fall, too. Maybe knit leaves.
Try to do what you are told as maybe you`ll outfox the docs` predictions.
Hugs
Alice
Salt Spring Island
10/27/2009 11:34:11 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Look at it as preventive maintenance. I know a woman who gets her car`s oil changed religiously! ;-)

Glad you got a chance to be more of yourself in the kitchen this summer. We are working big perverse corporate teamwork exercises-right now, I plan dinners and give Mark exact instructions, and he has to take all the instructions and produce dinner.

It`s funny but it makes us both crazy.
10/27/2009 12:39:18 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
It is great to hear from you, Benne! Sorry to know you`re going to be having `procedures`, but if they do help and there aren`t any meds that don`t make things worse, I know you`re strong enough to soldier through them. Sounds like you were able to enjoy your garden, and will have the yummy tastes to remind you come winter. Blessings to you and to Thom!
10/27/2009 3:07:45 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Benne,
I am glad you are enjoying the fall loveliness! We are at the height of the color changes here too.

Sorry to hear about the need for the regular procedures. I hope that they are not too uncomfortable and maybe they will get easier.

Sounds like you got quite a lot done in the garden and in the canning and freezing department! Will be looking forward to seeing some knitting...keep it simple with some fabulous yarn and I`m sure the knitting mojo will be back!

Sandra
10/27/2009 4:13:13 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Benne,
What a lovely fall you are having! You will have to enjoy it for the both of us. I like to think it`s one of the rewards for having had such a wild spring and early summer. Enjoy every minute of it and those goodies waiting for you when it`s cold and snowy!
XO Bri
10/27/2009 4:14:45 PM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13223
Benne:
Glad that you are outside and enjoying the nature!
SK
10/28/2009 4:57:22 AM
jeanflores
jeanflores
Posts 2658
Hey there Benne! I`m jealous of your Fall. Know that all of us here are thinking of you (even if we aren`t present here on the chat site for a while... ehem....)

Peace,
Jean
10/28/2009 8:34:35 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Good to hear that Nature is dressing up for you. Hang in there!

XO,

Marta
10/29/2009 7:38:50 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Thanks, guys! A woman has to learn she has her limitations (to mangle a Clint Eastwood movie line). But no one said I had to accept them gracefully, too much like caving in to me. There`s always an upside to everything, I am pretty skinny, so I could eat Bananas Foster and it wouldn`t go to my thighs. Of course, I can`t get Thom to cook me Bananas Foster and I have already set the kitchen on fire so...:)

Benne
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatFall is so beautiful this year