HomePrevious Website Chat....ever had one of those days?
Messages in this topic - RSS
10/26/2009 10:41:52 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Oh, Man!! It`s only 11:30 and things are not going well! I was just roasting some peppers in the oven when the smoke detector went off. Checked the oven and noticed a banana loaf from a baking extravaganza yesterday in the dark reaches of the oven. Yesterday, I had 3 pans of muffins and a loaf in there, had taken out the muffins and left the loaf in there to finish baking and forgot about it I guess. Oven was turned off by my DH later in the day.
Decided to cheer myself up by using the ball winder on a new skein of yarn. I set up my ball winder on the kitchen counter. I got a little over zealous and off flipped the ball which landed in the kitchen sink full of greasy water! Yarn floats but so does grease!
What`s a girl to do!
10/26/2009 10:50:15 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Yikes! May I suggest you don`t drive anywhere today? Or operate dangerous machinery?
10/26/2009 10:51:34 AM
jeanflores
jeanflores
Posts 2658
Ack. Sorry Les. This kind of stuff happens to me all the time. Hope your day goes better!
10/26/2009 11:35:00 AM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1406
Ho boy, sounds like you`re having a doozy of a day. At least it`s already almost 1/3 over. Days like this, I`d plan on going to bed early. I always check the oven before preheating just to make sure I haven`t left any saran wrapped goodies in there. I`ve learned my lesson the hard way. Hang in there, Les!
10/26/2009 12:22:56 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Have a drink, and stay away from open flame.

The banana bread IS kind of funny!
10/26/2009 1:37:54 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Les, Sorry for your lousy day, but thanks for a good laugh! I have foot problems, sore knee and general feel lousy since I can`t walk worth a d...
I continue my rounds to doctors, etc. tomorrow.
We all have days like yours, don`t worry unless you have them three or four days in a row!
Sorry about the yarn! Whatcha gonna do?
Jamie
10/26/2009 1:49:41 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Oh dear, Les, I sympathize! The only thing I can say is be glad you don`t have a smart-alecky teenager around to witness & comment about old-timer`s onset Stick Out Tongue
10/26/2009 3:19:27 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Oh, my - good you are keeping your sense of humor...:)

Marta

P.S.: Can you salvage the yarn?
10/26/2009 4:33:36 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
I`m just going to try and dry out the yarn and knit it. If it`s too bad, I will skein it up and give it a wash. The grease should come out with a wash afterwards. (I had left the frying pan from last nights sausages out- yes, sausage grease tho they were fairly low fat!!)
CBM - Glad I didn`t read you post earlier about operating expensive machinery. Our 6 year old vehicle is giving us grief, so this afternoon DH and I took our car to be repaired and borrowed a loaner and tried out a new car! As empty nesters, it`s time to downsize from the 7 seater minivan which served me well when I had to drive my kids and their teammates to tournaments.
10/26/2009 5:44:37 PM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
I think you should either wash the yarn in Dawn or similar or else dip it into more grease and put it out for the birds!
As to the loaf, now you have a story to tell your clients, Les.
Alice
Salt Spring Island
10/26/2009 7:36:46 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
Oh Les, I realize the day is over. And you are glad of that. Drinks and bed rest.
I imagine the grease will wash out of the yarn. But you might not want to let it set in.
suzann
10/26/2009 9:16:18 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Les, I can completely see this whole scenario unfolding in my mind. I can also see it happening at my house on any given day. Ask me how steaks grilled in saran wrap taste. ;) I think I`d wash that yarn pretty soon, like Suzann suggested. Usually when I do this, it lands in the dog`s water bowl. It`s happened more than once.

Just think, tomorrow is another day. :)

Benne
10/26/2009 9:52:20 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Oh, Benne! We both must head off to the Mediterranean for some cooking lessons! Was the steak a little chewy?
I`ll have to see how the yarn is tomorrow when it dries. Staining won`t be a problem. It`s local wool/alpaca - a single like Lopi in it`s natural colour. The colour is probably called "black" by a breeder but it really is a very dark brown. It`s quite lovely. I just bought one skein to make some mittens which I will full.
10/27/2009 7:34:37 AM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
You`ve only mentioned two things. Bad things come in threes. Go get back in the bed!
10/27/2009 7:51:53 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
Les,
So sorry to hear about your awful day. I agree with everyone else that a glass of wine or stronger is in order and try to relax.
PatQOC
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website Chat....ever had one of those days?