HomePrevious Website ChatEsprit socks are the best
Messages in this topic - RSS
10/15/2009 3:49:09 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
So says my aunt, who has been the recipient of 10 prs of my handknit socks over the years. She LOVES her stretchy Esprit socks the best. And they look great even after lots of laundering.

Joan
10/15/2009 9:12:25 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
How does she wash them? I have one pair which I loved, but they must have ended up in the dryer at some point or DH washed them with "warm` water. They ended up losing a lot of their cushy softness, like old t-shirts that have gotten hard. Now I have, bags, and bags of Esprit, but have been hesitant to go through all the knitting for socks again.
10/15/2009 10:13:18 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
She machine washes and lays flat to dry. She doesn`t ever machine dry the socks I knit her even if OK to. I am trying a new pattern (for me) I found on Rav for Fixation. Short, lace socks should go quick. Patt name is "Lace Wings Fixation Socks". (If you do it, read the Ravelers notes on reducing the CO.) One ball of Esprit does both socks. I have lots of solid color Epsrit and no prints on hand so I change up the colors of the toes and heels for some interest.
Maybe the dryer did your socks in? But once they are worn, the fibers do soften. She really loves the elastic.
Joan
10/16/2009 5:53:20 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Thanks, I will head over to check.
10/16/2009 8:41:47 AM
vamanta
vamanta
Posts 1657
I am adding a few rows of ribbing at the top edge to hold them up before beginning the lace. Also reducing the CO as per the comments.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatEsprit socks are the best