10/9/2009 7:00:08 AM
We have had an amazing fall up to now..... now it is -5C (22F) and it`s snowing to beat the band! Blizzard is the best word to describe what is going on out there!

Fall, where I live usually, starts in August and the leaves are gone by mid September so I can`t really complain but..... the leaves are still on the trees and I will have some mess in the spring! (June?) Honestly haven`t thought about raking because...what`s the point if 90% of the leaves are still up there?

*Sigh*

How`s everyone`s fall going? I was soooo enjoying the colours.... we don`t usually get colour, just brown and then gone.
10/9/2009 7:24:14 AM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
In Va Beach it will be 90 degrees today and 61 tomorrow. I consider it socks off, socks on. Weird weather. The leaves just fall off the trees, no changing color.

suzann
10/9/2009 8:24:16 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13225
We have minus 2-6C for couple weeks now. The forest is golden!Have been cleaning the garden and the ground for a while. Have to do more today.
10/9/2009 8:41:58 AM
I am waiting for the drive up to Rhinebeck - it is usually a great color weekend!

Tomorrow, if it is nice, I might get DH to take us upstate adn see if anything is turning....

T
10/9/2009 9:31:44 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Cold with snow fro yesterday and overnight. -10C. Not many leaves have fallen here yet either. Very strange! They are partially coloured up tho.

Time for the scarves and fingerless mitts!
10/9/2009 10:13:56 AM
Lisa W
Lisa W
Posts 738
Rain the past week, the colors have been glorious the past 2 weeks though...gold, orange, a few red and purple here and there..lots of bright red berries on the mountain ash trees....after the wind and rain yesterday though about 80% are on the ground which means its time to rake up the sodden mess...snow about halfwaydown most of the mountains. high 30s to mid 40s days, mid to low 30s at night...yep, winter is approaching.
10/9/2009 10:28:42 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
After 3-4 weeks of 90-100ºF, we finally have a couple of weeks of 55-60ºF nights and 70ºF days to enjoy. Lovely sleeping weather. We generally don`t have fall color until late November.

BTW, for all of you with real fall/early winter, Lands` End has their flannel sheets at 20% off right now.
10/9/2009 10:29:57 AM
omaw
omaw
Posts 270
Here in Canada`s east coast the weather has been very wet this past week but the leaves are beautiful and there hasnt been a really hard frost. The sweet peas are still in bloom as are the phlox and echinacia(?)and I cut the last roses last week and brought them in to enjoy. September and October are beautiful months here and we truly enjoy them after a busy summer.
10/9/2009 11:53:05 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Just beautiful here on the West Coast with 15 to 20C. On Wednesday I lawn bowled in a short sleeved t-shirt and was warm. It`s due to get colder and rain on Monday. Trees have their leaves except for the ones they dropped in the heat in the summer.
Good knitting weather. Working on a long narrow scarf for teaching on Monday week. I offered the Monday knitting group a choice of simple lace stitch patterns from the Estonian lace book for the project and they all chose the Ligonberry as the prettiest. I`m doing a simple scarf with garter stitch on the ends and narrow side borders and 2 repeats across the width. Two balls of bamboo will give a good length. Quick gift for people to knit!

Alice
Salt Spring Island
10/9/2009 2:12:35 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
The heat broke!! I awoke to 80 and sticky, 90 minutes later it was 65 and raining! Yay
10/9/2009 4:38:41 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Nothing here yet either and still warm. Waiting for my son`s team to do football pictures I thought I would fry in lightweight long sleeves and jeans.
10/9/2009 4:44:48 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Sweat through a dress in 95 deg heat yesterday. It was a doozie. I had to travel up north a few weeks ago for a much needed dose of fall leaves and crisp weather.
10/9/2009 7:39:39 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
I had to drive an hour to see someone for work late this aft. My heater was blowing cool air! Ack! I was wearing a wool coat and a scarf and was about frozen bay the time I got back home. Very cold feet! 3 hours later, I have finally warmed up! Think I`ll crawl into bed and read!! Yet another wild friday night!
10/9/2009 9:50:05 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Wintery weather came into Denver area Colorado late Wed. Thursday was cold and cloudy as we drove in from the high country on the way home from S. New Mexico. Today was warmish and partly cloudy, then more clouds and more cold hit, so tonite there`s a cover of snow! Cold fall is here but our Indian summer may return next week!
Jamie
10/10/2009 9:23:38 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Les, that`s exactly why I left Alberta. At the time I did not plan to spend 30 more winters in Quebec and Ontario - I was thinking of grad school in California! I`m here now!!!!
Alice
Salt Spring Island
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatWinter is here:-(