10/8/2009 6:39:39 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
I found a solution to the Knit Picks Option needle cords that always seem to fall out....

I got some E6000 craft glue and put some of it on the tip of my cord. Then I poked my cord end back into the silver screw piece and let it cure over night. well today that are in there good and strong....

I`m glad I found a fix to this problem.

Libby
10/8/2009 8:26:50 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Glad you found a solution!

I haven`t had any cords come out, but I`ve had quite a few of the Harmony tips come out of the other end of the sleeve. Super glue has worked really well on that.

And I found a good use for the couple of wooden tips I`ve broken (small size, too strong a grip): I have an adjustable-diameter manual pencil sharpener, and I`ve just turned them into cable needles. ;) After I`ve got a bit of a point on the (broken) end, I use an old nail file and buffer to smooth the tip.
10/9/2009 8:40:22 AM
You have found the holy grail I never knew I had...WHERE does one find an adjustable diameter pencil-sharpener????????

T
10/9/2009 10:17:19 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
I found this 20+ years ago and LOVE it! Here`s the company website page (http://tinyurl.com/yhdnf92); mine closely resembles the Model 155 shown as a Professional at the bottom of the page. It`s $30, but well worth it IMO!

I looked at the huge list of online dealers, but it may be easier to call them about the sharpener. Dahle Customer Relations at (800) 243-8145.
10/9/2009 5:59:28 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
I love the Knit Picks Options. I primarily use the metals but find the woods and acrylics good for different things. With that said occasionally I will have the cord come out, or a poorly threaded screw that won`t hold. With that said, for the price I stick with them, because even with the occasional dud I think they are fabulous for the money. Thanks for the tip.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatMy latest fix