HomePrevious Website ChatI kissed Wendy Johnson
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/26/2009 2:17:47 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
Wendy was in Va Beach to teach classes. I got in when someone canceled. Go me. It was a great class, even though I don`t knit toe up. And she liked the socks i was wearing. Made me take off my shoes, so people could see the round toe.
We did short row toes and heels. And my short rows got some much needed improvement.
She had all the socks from her current book. And we got to feel some of those hard to get yarns.
Great class, wonderful person. I am so happy. I know it sounds so dopey, but I always liked Wendy`s blog. And her down to earth approach to knitting. And you are the only people likely to put up with my gushing.:-}
Everyone in the class was nice and friendly. Unlike my experience with our lace guild.
She said she would deface our books if we liked. So I got mine signed. I don`t know how many people were in the earlier class or tomorrows class. I hope there are a lot. Then maybe she will come back again. Poor woman arrived to find the area in a Nor`easter. Lovely wind and rain.

suzann
9/26/2009 2:39:19 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Oh, LOL, knitting royalty!! I like her blog and approach too! Sounded like a great class!
Les
9/26/2009 3:31:54 PM
I used to live in VA Beach!!!!!
9/27/2009 5:29:33 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Yeah, you and your gushing. ;-)

Glad you had a good time out. (Unlike the lace guild- I can only imagine-did you shake up their paradigm?)

I am so happy you had a class you liked!!!
9/27/2009 10:41:53 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Congrats on the public recognition of your amazing sock skills!! And so glad you had a good time!
9/28/2009 5:57:27 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Yay, Suzann! Sounds like a good time all-around. I have Wendy`s first book, going to take another look at it today.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatI kissed Wendy Johnson