9/23/2009 3:48:13 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I have talked to Les, Eileen and Bri today, and waived at Suzann this week, but haven`t said a darned thing to anyone here. I am on Rav, FB, and my blog, but refuse to tweet. Enough already.

How are you and what are you knitting? I am making a baby garment out of clown colored Zarina. I made pie today, and we are having awesome porkchops for supper.

What is new with you?
9/23/2009 4:39:57 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
I`m in the middle of 3 pairs of socks, better than 65% done with all of them. I just started a scarf for charity with 2 sk of Tonalita yarn that my seniors got in a donation, and I`m getting ready to start a couple of cowls for holiday gifts. I`m behind on that this year.

We`re off to SE Missouri tomorrow, to celebrate my auntie`s 100th b`day and visit with my fav cousin from Illinois. Forecast is for low 80ºs and 50% chance of rain. I`ll mildew! The scarf and a cowl, much simpler than SK`s Bird`s Nest, are travel projects. I won`t have to worry about buying too much souvenir yarn: there is not one LYS in my home town (pop. 35,000), just Hobby Lobby.

I`m stubbornly refusing to join FB or to learn tweeting. I dunno when I`ll get back to blogging.
9/23/2009 5:56:15 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
I`m currently knitting on a project that just SCREAMED to be knit. Its a personal design of course... I just got out the colored pencils and started coloring away... I`m loving the knitted results! I`m currently on the sleeve....just need to finish that sleeve,then the next sleeve.... cut out the neckline, and a collar and then I`m done!!!!

Here at Chez Grant, we are sick.....I`m sick with a cold and Karolyn is coughing.... so we both had our meds and its off to bed with us...Thank God for the lap top....

Karolyn also started school again last week! And picture day was on Monday! I`m anxious to see how they turn out.

Happy Knitting
9/23/2009 6:46:41 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
Just got back from younger DS`s school open house. Only two more years...two more open houses and that`ll be it, can`t say I`m going to miss them!

I started SK`s latest pattern Fleur de Lis scarf and am loving it. So much so that I`ve been doing that instead of sewing up my Hayden top. But as my goal is to get at least 12 FO`s by the end of the year, I`d better get cracking with the finishing. I`m planning on casting on for Baby Surprise and doing it simultaneously with the Fleur de Lis...one straight knitting and the other more concentration required :-)
9/23/2009 6:56:55 PM
evelyn
evelyn
Posts 990
Just got back from seeing the movie "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" in 3D with our 2 young grandsons.
We all loved it....I highly recommend it. Thank goodness we have the boys so we don`t have to see the cartoons by ourselves. We would look kind of silly.
9/23/2009 9:31:10 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Evelyn-grandkids are a chance to go hang out in the toy aisle again. Mark has been chomping at the bit about that stupid zombie movie...
9/24/2009 8:01:43 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
I`m working on a sweater made from Zephyr/silk/wool from the Mannings designed by Sally Melville. I have recently finished four sweaters over this past year and am hoping to post pictures as soon as I can get used to my new digital camera. One sweater still needs buttons.

In less than two weeks DH and I are leaving for France for two weeks. The man who is renting the apartment to us offered to pick us up at the Toulouse airport so we would avoid the train trip to Bizier where we are staying. However, he mentioned wanting to take us to his favorite restaurant in Toulouse where the female patrons can fork over their underwear for a free bottle of champagne! And the collected wears are on display hanging from a string all around the restaurant! Thank God for the internet and that we checked this place out before we answered that he was very kind to want to be helpful but we did not think our constitution could handle a heavy meal after some 10-13hrs on the road and jet lag. Also this place was very expensive. Could you imagine if we had said yes without seeing this place! Oh well when in France.....
PatQOC
9/24/2009 8:41:00 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Pat, Have a tres bon voyage! Sounds like you`re in for an adventure! Enjoy!
Jamie
9/24/2009 8:51:21 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
What`s new? It`s fall and my schedule is getting busy. That`s not good since I didn`t accomplish as much as I planned during the summer months. Knitting goes on, mostly mittens this week, as well as a TH nite class in entrelac. I`m trying to like the technique and master it, making a scarf at the moment. The loom is empty but the next project should be scarves, especially one I promised to a friend in CA. I have a friend who is really DESTASHING and brought some fabric, baskets and a wonderful stretching/ironing/drying 36x52 padded and measured board from her home. Arthritis is getting the better of me so I`m not as active as I`d like. No room in my life for Twitter, Face Book or the like; I don`t even do digital photography!! But my DDs do communicate with old friends on FB. Happy Fall,
Jamie
9/24/2009 10:49:23 AM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
*Waves Back* @ Bets
I only tweet about twice a month. Farmville has consumed me for the moment.
Working on the second of Dawn`s cable socks. Pretty, but not a fast knit. The holes in my fingers will heal up sometime, I`m sure. Next socks up will be more relaxing. Trouble is, if they are too relaxing. I get bored and they get stuffed in the black hole of WIP

suzann
9/24/2009 1:14:30 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
We are busy with another school year. I`m writing and teaching. It`s all going very well, and I am on the job market again (or still, depending on your perspective). We are celebrating our wedding anny, which always reminds me of my elann buds and that top secret bridal shower. It was awesome! We`re taking a long weekend to celebrate, which will be nice.

Knitting-wise, the needles are hot! I am finishing a sweater in bamboo fusion right after I post this, working on a few other projects, finishing a hat for DH, and taking the Everyway Wrap with me on the plane this weekend. It`s awesome, if we forget the fact that fall is nowhere in sight for me and knitting with wool when it`s 90 deg in nearly October.

I`m looking forward to connecting with Daryl later in the year. It`s been too long.
9/24/2009 1:50:35 PM
Trish
Trish
Posts 433
I`m with you, Bets. I can`t do another tweet, or whatever. I refuse.

I`ve been real busy with work, but I have managed to get some knitting done: 3 tops, 1/2 of another, and then those darned Elann girls now have me starting Shui`s new scarf, which is gorgeous, by the way.

The kids are in school (Hail, Hail to Labor Day!), there is the promise of cooler weather, and before the end of the year, I want to finish two tops, a sweater, a large shawl, three small shawls, and other stuff I forgot about.

Trish
9/24/2009 6:25:15 PM
OMlordy I am busy these days.

Finishing up my HUGe project and a little somethin` extra for Bets, hosting the KAL for Fleur-de-Lis, Knitting a Fleur-de-lis,knitting the Clasica coat, stupid hat for Tracy is back on the go, designing a few new things, yarn shopping, another scarf in the purse, more yarn shopping and winding and washing my Lana Cash for the draw for the KAL prize, winding and washing Merino/Yak, preknitting, to get oils out,(Yummo btw!).............

That is just the knitting stuff:-) Then there is my youngest son moving back home (in August)and getting him settled into his first year of college. Helping oldest son get his new apt. in order....

I better go sit down and knit before I get dizzier:-))
9/24/2009 8:18:31 PM
Ah well, if we are including things not knitting...

I am getting used to having a dog and trying to teach her to lick Braveheart when I say "kiss."

I`m running this little online school at the archive where I post my HP stories, and getting staff is going poorly, probably all my fault.

I`m knitting a February baby sweater for a friend having her first.

I submitted that story I told you all about and I`ve been writing a lot - I need to post the last chapter of one of my fan fics and go on to the one it was intended as the prequel to... And I really should write a few things I can submit places so I can start getting rejection notices.

T
9/25/2009 5:45:37 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Butfloss! YAY!
9/25/2009 5:46:08 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Right up there with rejection notices. But yay for sticking it out there!
9/25/2009 6:34:23 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
I finally joined FB for the lure of catching up with old friends now that we are starting to reach the age of emerging from the engulfing swamp of being a Parent, and of course I spend way too much time following the winding trails of this yarn, that pattern on Ravelry,but I miss the days of the busy Elann chat room, my first venture into virtual friendships. Looking forward to seeing Bri later too. It is a busy fall, seems like way more time now that the driving to various lessons has almost completely resolved. DH and I practically bicker over who gets to drive DD to ballet. He feels like he should to save me from one more trip. I want to because he won`t let her drive and I want her to have the practice so I make her drive there. He thinks she`ll be ready to get her license, and he`ll be ready to pay the insurance when she is a junior in college. I think she should have her license by the time she graduates from high school. We are college visiting next week, lots of long drive knitting,yay! Hoping to finish a hoodie for DD #2, make a major dent in ballet warm-ups for DD#1, and a lacy scarf in cashmere lace yarn I bought years ago in NY. So much harder to pick which knitting projects to bring for all the various attention levels on a trip than clothes.
9/25/2009 6:54:27 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13222
Just finished my last project, I casted on rowan scottish tweed chunky, a simple sweater for DH this morning.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatOh heck-