HomePrevious Website ChatBri, Tell us about Linus
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/20/2009 2:22:31 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Looks like Linus is selling out. How was it to knit! It is soft or stiff! I know linen doesn`t have much give and I have knit with it in past, but found it much for work than wool! Can you give your opinion!
Thanks, Jamie
9/21/2009 7:54:00 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Dear Jamie & others thinking about the Linus,

It is a nice yarn to work with. It is fairly soft and only gets softer when blocked. This isn`t a stiff linen at all and has a nice drape, particularly post-blocking. I think when I worked with it that I got a nice fabric using smaller needles than what`s suggested, too. Puffs of yarn did shed from it when I was knitting. Nothing terrible, and we laughed when we would find them in the house, car, office, etc. The linus got around!

Hope that helps, Bri
9/21/2009 2:28:29 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Thanks, Bri. I`m going to take a chance for making a shawl or summer wrap of some sort. I love linen but don`t necessary like knitting it, or didn`t in the past.
Hope your summer was a productive one. All best wishes to you and DH.
Jamie
9/21/2009 4:22:19 PM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Jamie-
I think you will like it. I can`t wait to see what you end up making. You won`t be disappointed.

The summer was very productive, and I have a number of things in the pipeline. DH is back to school himself now and off to a great year.

Hope your fall is turning into something beautiful. You`ll have to enjoy it enough for me too!
Bri
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatBri, Tell us about Linus