HomePrevious Website ChatA white box arrived today
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/18/2009 8:47:01 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
I got a package of the paprika Alpaca Fina to make a Voyager stole for myself. I have decided I like orange and I`m going to wear orange. The paprika color is killer beautiful, it glows with color variations.

I ordered the wine Rowan Scottish Aran Tweed and it is a beautiful rich color, the monitor on my computer didn`t come close to showing how pretty it is, so I`m very happy! I also got a bag of the Rivera green Sula and it`s even prettier than I thought it would be. I`ve had an outstanding color week with my yarn order. :)

Now I just have to be able to knit some of these things up, still hard to concentrate enough to knit but I hope to gain some focus with each day. It would be really good if I could also get smarter. We`ll see how that one goes. ;)

Benne
9/19/2009 7:57:13 AM
That`s excellent!

I don`t think you need to be any smarter, you are a pretty smart kid to begin with! You have my sympathy on the concentration, though. I have the attention span of a goldfish half the time myself. :-)

I`d love ot know what you have planned for this terrific stuff!!!

T
9/19/2009 8:25:59 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Wow, what beautiful colors! Hope your concentration improves. Mine is deteriorating each day so much that I end the day with next to nothing done!! All good wishes to you for improved health! Hugs,
Jamie
9/19/2009 12:21:37 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Yay, Benne, glad you got your goodies and the colors are much to your liking!

Could you give a description of the Rivera green Sula? Is it like a kelly green, and how saturated (lightness/darkness) in color is it? The other two Sula greens I think have too much yellow in them to be good with my skin tone...but I hadn`t considered the Rivera until your post!
9/19/2009 2:09:31 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Sandra, I thought the other two greens were too yellow for me too. This is a dark green, the tone is like the Higland Silk Calypso color in tone, very pretty, more blue-green than yellow-green. I like it, bets might also have a good idea about how it would do for you.

Benne
9/19/2009 2:36:58 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Thanks, Benne for the report! It does sound nice...if I don`t get this bag sale, I may tag it some on to another order :-)
9/19/2009 5:22:13 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I`ve been looking at it and looking at it myself, Sandra. HARD. HARD...do you know how much stash I have? I might get to it in 2013!!
9/19/2009 7:34:14 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
:-), yes, I do know what you mean, Bets, and also I am in no way as fast a knitter as you are! I think I`m going to concentrate on enjoying my current WIP and give my closet space a break, though I have to admit next week`s Ca`d`Oro is calling to me strongly!
9/20/2009 7:23:27 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I am cracking open stash just as fast as I can Sandra!
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatA white box arrived today