HomePrevious Website ChatI got two white boxes today
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/15/2009 4:22:23 PM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13223
10 balls of rowan chunky, 5 packs of baby cashmere, 10 balls of canapone and lyra. DH wants rowan chunky for a pullover, will 10 balls enough for an extra large simple sweater?
Benne: will canapone good for lyra? Do you like it round or square?
SK
9/16/2009 9:05:18 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
SK. What fun you are going to have knitting up all that beautiful yarn! Happy knitting!
Jamie
9/16/2009 9:47:14 AM
What a nice haul:-)

This person at Rav made her man a beautiful sweater for her man and used 10 balls.

Go see

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/juliacoolia/urban-aran

I got a nice white box today too. HW for a hat for my BFF and an Alpaca Fina pkg, in the spiced wine. (LOVE this colour!)
9/16/2009 10:52:52 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
I got one box today Shui Kuen - the Lyra pattern and a couple of books. I am still thinking about the rowan aran for a sweater for DH. I hadn`t thought about the Canapone - I`m going to go and look!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
9/16/2009 6:54:50 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
That sounds like fun white boxes but they always are. What color of Rowan chunky did you get for BB`s sweater? I bought claret and could spare a couple of balls for you. My project would be smaller and I probably won`t do a full size sweater anyway. I am really enjoying wearing boleros and cropped cardigans.

Canapone might be a little difficult to maneuver on suchh small needles for the Lyra. I did okay with it on Swallowtail but the nupps were definitely a little trickier. The Canapone softens considerably with knitting and washing really makes it soften. Maybe swatch with a little of it on small needles and see what you think. I think the laceweight merino would be wonderful for Lyra too.

I love Lyra in both shapes, SK, the design is just so beautiful. For a tablepiece, I think I like it round, for a stole, probably square would be more wearable. I cannot wait to see how your Lyra will look, with your knitting skills, it will be breathtaking. Take a look at the different Lyras on ravelry, you may like one shape better than the other. The round is a knockout. If you knit it as a rectangle, at row 113, I think it`s 113, you will have a line on the pattern and start the corners. The ravelry group members in the Niebling group have made several posts about knitting it square because some found the pattern confusing. If you have any questions, let me know and I`ll try and find the posts for you.

The Fleur-de-Lis scarf is lovely, SK. It`s so beautiful and I love the story about your inspiration for the design. That`s one thing I love about your patterns, they come from your heart. I missed the lino chic, I think I was sick when it was offered but I saw pictures of it and it looks beautiful for lace.

I want to make your smoke ring for my doctor`s wife. I have knit him a hat and scarf so I think his wife needs something. :)

I have preserves for you and BB, your box is almost ready to mail. I keep adding to it and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. :)

Benne
9/17/2009 7:47:18 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13223
Good morning Benne. I got the brown color one. 10 balls will not be enough for the coat, may be a simple pullover and BB really love the texture and color.
I have some lino chic, it is so pretty. It took only 2 balls with couple feet left. Do you want me to send you 2 to try? Come and join us for the KAL or be a cheer leader. You are so much fun to be around.
I sent 2 jars of preserve to my mother earlier, it costed me almost 20 dollars. It is too expensive to ship. I will feel guilty to receiving it.
I really want to make lyra, only wish I have time. I want to make it for my mother`s dinning room table.
We are busy preparing for winter right now! Hope our well will not freeze this winter. We want to dig another well, but estimate 20,000 dollar for 350 feet deep. He wanted to dig at the top of the hill, will take 100 meter pipe to bring to the house. He said that is the source of the water. We just have a big machine come and improve it, putting more soil and wrap around with a lot of foamy things and see what happen. Our water is so sweet, I just love this well.
Take care and sleep well!
SK
9/18/2009 8:57:59 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
SK, I might be able to get a flat-rate on your box, if I can I will send you some preserves. I want you and Bb to know I can cook. HA!

I will come cheer you on in the KAL, and knit if I can get something finished first but don`t send me your yarn. I will get into my stash and find something.
What shape is your mother`s table? Either shape, round or square will be so beautiful. I wish I could see her face when she sees it. :)

I don`t blame you for not wanting to dig a new well, especially at that price! I`ll keep my fingers crossed about your well this winter. It is too hard for you and BB not to have water, and I worry about you carrying water, SK.

I still have hummers, maybe one from your house stopped by for a drink at my feeders. :)

Benne
9/18/2009 10:30:28 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13223
Hi Benne:
My mother`s table is round. Right now, she has the Lily of the Valley at the center of the table.
Looking forward to taste the harvest of your garden. I am going to drop you a note, soon.
SK
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatI got two white boxes today