HomePrevious Website ChatNieblings As Shawls?
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/11/2009 6:28:58 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Does anyone have any fave Niebling designs that they think would work particularly well as shawls? I`m thinking prob one of the circular ones as a mantilla with as little stuff happening on the outside edge as possible.

I figure the only way I can top myself at the state fair next year is to do maybe Lyra or another square/rectangle in the "home" division and one as a shawl in the "accessories" division, LOL.

Still stumped about what to do for a sweater, though, considering what won this year. I thought I had it all sussed out that the judges liked more traditional arans (a pure not very hard aran that I did scored higher than "moonlight at her window" - go figure), but now I have no clue.

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
9/11/2009 6:51:34 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Look for ones that are charted as wedges, E. I think if you can add a garter border (like so many of them have-Flower Basket, for one) and work as many wedges as you need to create a half circle, that should be GORGEOUS.
9/11/2009 9:03:21 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Eileen, I think a Niebling is a great idea to knock the judges` socks off next year. Several people have won state fair best of show and blue ribbons knitting Niebling patterns. Depending on how you knit the patterns, type of yarn, number of repeats, etc. many of them can be worn as shawls. Niebling designed every shape under the sun practically, Lyra can be knit as a circle or a rectangle in the pattern. Take a look at the projects in the Niebling group on ravelry at projects and you`ll see shawls. Niebling did design some shawls but the patterns are mostly out of print and hard to find and very expensive.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatNieblings As Shawls?