HomePrevious Website ChatChecking in or the ongoing flapperdoodle failure saga
Messages in this topic - RSS
9/9/2009 7:18:19 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
So, I went to Nashville last week, took a nap and had another `procedure.` The gastro guy was sort of encouraging and sort of not encouraging-he thinks I will have spasms and pain permanently and I had more strictures but he can keep dilating them. Thom`s idea of dropping by the auto parts store and getting a radiator hose for a replacement is starting to make more sense. :)
My PCP is prescribing a different med to help with spasms. I`m on one now that has increased my bustline faster than a plastic surgeon with a drawer full of implants. That old Robin Williams routine comes to mind about what happened when his wife was expecting. I made a reference to that to my doc and his ears turned red and he was laughing pretty hard, so I think he knew what I meant. ;)

I haven`t been doing much but I did make some peach, plum and lemon preserves and strawberry/lemon preserves. They look so pretty and the can lids pop and seal and I feel like I just accomplished something really huge. :)

I am also taking care of an injured baby female hummingbird. She has an injured wing,no flight feathers on that wing and tailfeathers on her right side. I hope she will regrow them. If she doesn`t, then I won`t keep her in a cage. The wildlife rescue group told me that I had a better chance to save her than they did and the state wildlife agency gave me permission to try and save her so we will see what happens. I will probably have her all winter. She`s so very tiny.

Benne
9/9/2009 7:50:17 AM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Sorry to hear all this is not helping. Big boobs would be no consolation. Glad you are finding time to do the things you like and keep us updated on the hummingbird.
9/9/2009 8:08:22 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Thanks, Benne, for the report. Sorry it`s not that much better. Thom`s replacement parts idea is good for a laugh. Too bad that sort of process is not possible!! Your preserves sounds divine. And I`m glad you can care for the tiny hummingbird. You have wonderful abilities with your winged friends. How are the ducks this year!
Keep in touch and know that you`re in my prayers.
Jamie
9/9/2009 8:21:22 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
The boob fairy showed up! ;-)

I`d love to see pictures of the wee hummer!
9/9/2009 9:19:32 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
Mixed news is, well, mixed news. I`m happy to hear that you are making the most of your time with the perserves and the baby hummer rehab. Here`s hoping new meds help.
XO
9/9/2009 9:23:17 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Sorry to know the flapperdoodle isn`t behaving yet. The preserves sound so tasty! And you are so wonderful to care for the baby hummer - OK, how do you know it`s a girl? We get some ruby-throats here; they love the lime tree, which has blossoms nearly year-round. The tree has blossoms and fruits in all stages of growth all at once.
9/9/2009 10:39:56 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Just concentrate on coming back to Salt Spring in June! Take care and knit up a storm. Maybe you could knit feathers?

Alice
Salt Spring Island
9/9/2009 11:13:11 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13222
Take care yourself and the baby bird! When Spring comes, you two will be perfect and healthy.
SK
9/9/2009 2:02:48 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
Benne,
Sorry for the mixed prognosis. I`m hoping that it gets better and a combination of the right meds and your body adjusting will help.
Yum, those preserves sound good! And I`d like to see some pics of the hummingbird posted here too :-), she must be precious.
Sandra
9/9/2009 3:15:52 PM
Yeah on the preserves, but very sorry that the flapperdoodle does not want to flap politely and painlessly. I`m with Thom - alternative parts. Are you quite certain nothing can be done with Duct Tape to help the situation?It comes in lots of pretty colors now. Or - wait a minute - Can we knit you a new one? With Shiny yarn... I`m up for trying. They might want a flapperdoodle on Knitty, you never know...

T
9/9/2009 4:08:47 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Ooooh, Benne, I`m coming over for warm biscuits and your preserves! (no gravy thanks)
Glad you have a new baby at your house. Hope those feathers come in soon for that poor little thing. Mine left for the south about 3 weeks ago. They really fueled up before they left!!
My fingers are crossed for your new Drs. remedy!!
Les
9/9/2009 8:32:35 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
I am sorry for the mixed news. Big boobs can`t be much of a consolation. Fingers crossed and candle lit. Like everyone else I want to see pics of the baby bird. I hope it knows how lucky it is to fall into Benne-land. The preserves sound divine. Did you ever make your watermelon pickles?
hugs
suzann
9/9/2009 8:47:33 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
So sorry all is not completely well with you! But your sense of humor is intact and you still find ways to heal others...
Please take it easy.

Marta
9/9/2009 9:29:18 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Thanks for the wishes, everyone! You can see the hummer on my flickr page. http://tinyurl.com/mnvvft
I`m pretty worried about her because it looks like the lower part of her wing is missing, I thought I saw some little tiny feathers, but I`m not sure now. I really want her to be able to be wild and free again. I was hoping she would regrow feathers in time to migrate but that is not going to happen now.

I`ll try and get a blog post together about her and let you know her story. I`m pretty worthless these days but I am proud of my preserves. I went to Mass tonight and took some to my priest. So, I gave my doctor some yesterday and my priest today. I told Thom I was taking care of those that take care of my body and soul. :)

Benne

Those who have met me can reassure everyone that I am in no danger of becoming buxom so no new wardrobe will be needed. HA!
9/10/2009 3:23:01 PM
Sorry to hear the mixed news. Happy to hear you`re in good spirits. Would love to see the little hummingbird. Mouth watering over the preserves. (My new meds give me increased appetite, so any talk about food gets me going these days)

-Marie
http://smariek.blogspot.com
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatChecking in or the ongoing flapperdoodle failure saga