HomePrevious Website ChatSoo, speaking of beach bags
Messages in this topic - RSS
8/26/2009 7:39:03 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
I just finished sewing the turtle (which was not that much fun to knit) on the bottom of Dawn`s orange beach bag. She went off with her friends to see a concert at the beach. Comes home with all her stuff in a grocery sack. I thought she got mugged. But no, she sold it to a tourist for $40.00. Quite pleased with herself too.
She said the woman kept offering her more money and saying she had to have it. Loved the fish etc.
I haven`t finished the handles on the blue one so she has no beach bag for now.
I must say our tourists are getting stranger and stranger. They used to be mostly French Canadians. And they wouldn`t talk to you unless you spoke French. :-}
They must be letting them New Jersey people back in again.
suzann
ps I demanded a cut of the bag money. She is still laughing. oy
8/26/2009 8:16:29 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Oh, Suzann, I don`t know what to say!!
Les
8/26/2009 9:14:39 PM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
ROFL!! $40 is a decent price, glad that Dawn kept jacking the price up. ;)
8/26/2009 9:52:44 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
That`s wonderful, Suzann! Good to see that someone appreciates a unique, hand-crafted item :-)
8/26/2009 10:33:31 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I think you deserve a cut.
8/27/2009 9:03:29 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Good job done by Dawn on her first sale of DM`s clever and beautiful handwork. I think she should have held out for a bit more. Your beach bag would no doubt sell for more in a boutique. It had such very clever and attractive fish! I loved it, Suzann!
I agree with you, the tourists are getting stranger and stranger! Happy knitting,
Jamie
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatSoo, speaking of beach bags