HomePrevious Website ChatStuff For Slipper Bottoms
Messages in this topic - RSS
8/22/2009 8:07:26 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Tell ee again what sort of stuff I can put on slipper bottoms instead of the suede soles? I have a funny thing with my feet and hate having any kind of particle on them or have them feeling sweaty (so I am never, ever barefoot). So I wash my slippers a lot and need something more user-friendly than the suede.

I also have some weird plantar fasciitis thing and can`t get comfortable slipper any more, so I figured I`d make my own. I`ve made so many for everyone else over the years!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
8/22/2009 9:32:04 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Eileen-ice your feet.

For slippers-it`s Plasticote, for tool handles, and you get it at the hardware store.
8/22/2009 6:54:25 PM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
Eileen, you can also buy fabric with little nylon/plastic raised dots - like the material on the bottoms of the feet of toddlers` fleece sleepers - at fabric stores. I`m fairly sure that I was able to buy it by the metre at Walmart in Ontario. The local quilt/yarn store here on Salt Spring sometimes stocks it in the winter, shouldn`t be too hard to find come fall. Another option would be to mail order it. Fabric Depot in Portland Oregon sells everything! They have a good website.

Alice
Salt Spring Island
8/23/2009 7:02:14 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Thanks ladies!

I ended up ordering some Plasti Dip Super Grip - I`m a little nervous but hopefully it`ll be OK. I chose it over the regular Plasti Dip because it`s machine washable, so we`ll see!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
8/24/2009 7:09:57 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Didn`t know there was a brand that was particularly machine washable. It is wonderful stuff. I`ve made bunches of slippers, bought some suede soles, (expensive and then I worry about washing) cut up a suede coat my MIL had given me to cut up (she had had it made then never wore it) suede too light, wore out FAST. Finally started using the Dip IT. Love it. Seems to last AND when it wears off you can put another coat on. I`ve been ordering mine on line, but DH finally found a Home Depot which sells it. Hope you like yours. I live in my slippers. All shoes come off by our door, and I`m with you regarding grit on my feet, plus they get cold.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatStuff For Slipper Bottoms