HomePrevious Website ChatAnd what are y`all knitting this week?
Messages in this topic - RSS
8/14/2009 10:35:33 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I have knitting that must not be named, the unending Katrina fingerstabbing top, and my new ebay cheapie loom came in. I`ll do a blog update ths weekend on that!

What`s got your eye?
8/14/2009 10:38:58 PM
kellygirl
kellygirl
Posts 1406
I`m making one of those wine bags using the Elann pattern and some leftover yarn. I`ve got a boatload of HW odds and ends that I plan on using up. Other than that, just trying to get the girls ready for school$$
8/15/2009 4:09:35 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
I have a baby shower for two women to go to today so am making some of those "fat baby booties" from one of the IK Felt magazines. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fat-baby-booties I hope they dry in time. I used the yarn that Kelly us using to make her wine bottle cosy that came in that pack last year. (Sierra Aran and the Uros Aran) What an adorable pattern!
I am on the home stretch with my Featherweight Cardigan- just finishing off the last sleeve! Yahoo!
8/15/2009 9:38:25 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
I`m on a home stretch too, last seam for my Perla shell and a little bit of crochet around the armholes, yay! So happy a little bit of grafting to get rid of some pooling of the self-striping Kelly worked. While doing the grafting I was aghast to notice that I`d made a mistake in the lace pattern...had a YO one stitch out of place. This was two rows back from the grafting area, but I couldn`t resist trying to fix it, lucky that turned out OK too.

I`m pondering what my next project will be. Either something with my Katia Bonita (a summer ribbon yarn) or a baby sweater out of James Brett Marble DK for DH`s former work colleague`s new baby, I`d think I`d be able to get this done before cool weather starts!
8/15/2009 10:07:53 AM
Alice Trueman
Alice Trueman
Posts 1784
I`m experimenting with half-linen stitch for next year`s retreats in a new approach in the round. Starting at the bottom of where the sideseam would be, I`m now knitting the second triangle, with 4 increases on each right side row, with stripes (appear on the diagonal) of half-linen stitch between first garter stitch and then stocking stitch bands in the main colour. I think (hope) that when I have the necessary width I`ll be able to join the two triangles at centre front and centre back and knit in the round to the underarms, and then knit front and back separately. Think of it as instead of knitting back and front, it`s left side and right side.

Alice
Salt Spring Island
8/15/2009 11:04:48 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
I`m finishing 2 sweaters this afternoon (minor issues with each) and I re-started a different sock for a take-a-long project. As soon as it`s in a mindless knitting state, I`m starting to work on a holiday prezzie sweater while I wait for the everyday wrap yarn to arrive, which I did not allow myself to order until the other sweaters were done. But the cart is already mentally full! :)
8/15/2009 11:15:30 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
The cowl I knitted on at Sock Summit is ready for bind-off, though I had to frog most of it when I realized I`d left out all of the stockinette bands. This will be a gift, but I don`t know for whom. I started a sock with the Sockgate special yarn dyed for the Summit (colors of the logo); I`m trying to decide what pattern to use on the leg. And I want to get back to a scarf I`m making to match a hat; I have to figure out how to match up the pattern knitting flat to the in-the-round design - decreases have to match.
8/15/2009 3:18:33 PM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13225
I am single mindedly knitting that must not be named.
8/15/2009 3:48:28 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
I`m working on keeping Sydney out of trouble. I`m finding out this is a full time job!
8/15/2009 3:49:09 PM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
Currently she is making a mess of the DVD`s... she is quite lucky that daddy is outside and missing this event.
8/15/2009 6:43:30 PM
i have 3 scarves and 2 shawls on the needles but need to do a birthday gift, a mouse, and a cupcake this week and think about a baby gift!
8/15/2009 7:45:52 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
I`m in the final stretch of the Gathered Pullover (IWK, Winter `07) using my treasured Cash Tweed. I`m on the learning curve to master knitting the set-in sleeves from the top down.

I`m soooo happy with how this is turning out!
8/16/2009 6:27:31 AM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
working a few small odds and ends. Thinking about knitting on my lace shawl, but haven`t the energy to pick up the needles and find the instructions.
8/16/2009 9:10:33 AM
I am on the last sleeve of a cardigan called Elegant Diagonals by Mair Lynn Patrick from Interweave Kits 2000. I`m using a silk/cotton I got on sale in a knit shop near the Providence RI airport on the way home from a vacation taken in 2004. It`s a beautiful pattern and I recommend it.
Several other things on needles as well.

I just got a digital camera so I will have to post some pictures soon.
PatQOC
8/16/2009 9:49:59 AM
Y`all are making so much progress, especially Bri, Billie & Pat who are finishing up sweaters - and Bri finishing up TWO sweaters !

Very little knitting over here. I work a few rounds here and there on a sock knit in Elann Sock It To Me in red. It`ll look just like the blue one knit in SITM steel blue(?) color:
http://smariek.blogspot.com/2009/08/sock-7-fo.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://smariek.blogspot.com/2009/08/sock-7-fo.html

My Luna Moth Shawl is stalled.

I kinda sorta maybe got a little teensy weensy bit hooked on a couple of Facebook online games - Farm Town and YoVille - and this is sucking up all my free time. Facebook games are evil.

-Marie
http://smariek.blogspot.com
8/16/2009 5:42:28 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Bejeweled Blitz...geo challenge anyone?
8/17/2009 10:07:29 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I am curious to hear about the assembly. Did yours go smoothly?
8/18/2009 11:29:04 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
I`m not on Facebook and am firmly holding out. But Bejeweled is seriously addictive. I made 561,750 once during an intense period pre-Ravelry; since then I can barely make 200K
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatAnd what are y`all knitting this week?