HomePrevious Website ChatOT - my turn to ask...
Messages in this topic - RSS
7/27/2009 3:11:56 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
...for prayers, good thoughts or vibes, whatever you can send my DDIL`s way. She is having high blood pressure spikes, which is not good at this time of her pregnancy. The traditional prescription is bed rest, which with a 3-year-old around is not easy...
Many, many thanks!

Marta
7/27/2009 3:32:31 PM
you got em!!!
7/27/2009 3:55:52 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Done!
7/27/2009 4:47:42 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Healthy thoughts and prayers heading to her from Colorado, Marta.
Jamie
7/27/2009 5:34:35 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
Sending the good thoughts & prayers your DDIL`s way!
7/27/2009 5:52:06 PM
suzann
suzann
Posts 2711
Sending good thoughts and prayers her way. And yours too. I have a brand new Elann candle.

suzann
7/27/2009 8:08:55 PM
absolutely! I`m reading this right before bed, so I will fire up the candles in the morning - God knows they are coming!

T
7/27/2009 8:39:03 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Prayers, thoughts and everything else positive I can think of for your daughter-in-law. hugs

Benne
7/28/2009 5:59:48 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Make sure she takes it easy! Hypertension in pregnancy is incredibly sneaky, there are people we worry and worry about, nothing happens and they crusise through fine. Others seem okay and then within a few hours everything changes. I`m sending you mellow prayers and hope that she is one those for whom it doesn`t flower.
7/28/2009 8:51:45 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts, and Daryl for the advice. Yesterday it was borderline for requiring total bed rest, so she definitely has to be very careful. They are monitoring it very closely.
It makes it harder that they live 600 miles away and we are in the middle of work in the house.
Thank you again!!

Marta
7/28/2009 2:36:27 PM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13221
Hi Marta,I am sending you and your DDIL good thoughts, good luck and vibes your way.
SK
7/28/2009 8:58:33 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Thank you, SK!
7/29/2009 7:12:54 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
It is so hard not to be there. I think one of the sneakiest things about it is that other than basic pregnancy symptoms people tend to feel pretty good, until they DON`T, and then it is too late for bed rest. So try to convey to her and your son that it is not being lazy and selfish to lie down as much as possible. If does it and get through with nothing worse developing it was not her being a princess and a big brouha about nothing. It was her being smart enough to do what she was told and the "treatment" working. We had a couple women who were actually really good about staying down and then crashed postpartum when the anxiety was all over so she will need help then too. Both because the hypertension can still flower postpartum and because depression can be overwhelming with the sudden release and the fatigue of being a new Mommy combined with weeks of muscle atrophy. Don`t want to give too much information, but can`t resist.
7/29/2009 10:48:56 AM
You got it! Sending positive thoughts and prayers. I hope it doesn`t become serious, and I hope she can get some help around the house so she can really stay off her feet.

-Marie
http://smariek.blogspot.com
7/30/2009 5:51:20 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Thanks, Marie! She has had some help; we`ll find out if it is enough... Staying off her feet with an active 3-year-old is tricky, even with help. But, as Daryl said, things can change on a dime, which is the scary part.

Marta
7/31/2009 10:25:58 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
Daryl, I so appreciate your concern and info! Sorry I only saw this today. This is actually not new to her - the first baby, our DGD, was born premature because of exactly this problem - I was not very thorough before (sorry). So she and my son know what needs to be done, and hope it works for as long as needed. It is still very hard, especially when there is a 3-year-old whose routine they want to disturb as little as possible.
And yes, the aftermath is another hurdle to look forward to...I just hope I`ll be able to help.
Thank you again!

Marta
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatOT - my turn to ask...