4/8/2005 6:36:31 PM
MacChick
MacChick
Posts 3590
Cool sweater... but here`s a message from Anne:

Carinthia,
You look alot like I imagined you would. I love your long hair! And you look VERY pretty! What book is that you are reading? I like the sweater. It looks good on you. Your hair looks like it is the same exact color and length as mine. I have two letters ready to mail to you and one more that is half-done and on the computer. I loved the flowerinas. i keep them on my bed headboard.
Love,
Anne
4/10/2005 3:29:13 PM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
This is Carinthia. I just got your message. I saw the picture of you wearing the dress you designed. You look really nice and I really like the dress. I`m glad you like the flowerinas. I will try to write back to you as soon as I get the letters. I think I was reading The King Must Die in the picture. My teacher wanted me to read it.
Love,
Carinthia
4/11/2005 12:18:18 PM
MacChick
MacChick
Posts 3590
"The King Must Die" is that good? Who is it by? What`s it about?

My favorite authors lately are Bruce Coville, C.S. Lewis, Brian Jacques, Shakespeare, Johnny Gruelle, and of course, J.K. Rowling.

Right now I`m drawing which I love to do.

I`m at home because I`m sick but pretty soon I won`t be. When I go to sleep I imagine myself being all better and I think it is working. you can try it next time you get sick.
4/11/2005 10:19:22 PM
MacChick
MacChick
Posts 3590
By the way, that last message was from Anne to Carinthia... the main reason I posted the green poncho pic wwas so Anne could be near her penpal in the sidebar, here!
4/12/2005 10:59:44 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
I`m sending the response to Carinthia`s email. I`ll get her hooked on the Elann chat room yet. There is a certain similarity in the gleeful expressions as well as the skinny bodies and long hair. Thanks for posting the picture. Daryl
4/13/2005 10:28:01 AM
MacChick
MacChick
Posts 3590
Dayl,

They do look as though they might be good ballet-buddy penpals for quite some time. Sorry Anne hasn`t written more often... we have been battling one sickness after another with her all year, and she often starts something and just plain doesn`t have the energy to finish... hopefully it`s just the culture-shock of going to public school and perhaps her immune system will be bucked up and ready to fend things off a little better now that she seems to have caught everything at least once!
6/26/2005 3:15:36 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
What a lovely poncho! I also bought this yarn and was wondering what it would look like knitted up! Of course it turned out just as expected .... quite lovely!

Libby
6/26/2005 3:51:10 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
Daryl,

Your poncho is beautiful, I love the color, I`m going to have to look at this Riveria again now that I see how it knits up. Your sister is going to love it!
patw
6/26/2005 4:18:33 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Daryl---

I am trying to figure out the schematic for this poncho in my head...can`t you hear the rocks rattling???? ---the drop stitches tilted like that look great!!!! Can you give us details? It looks REALLY great in this yarn!

Thank your DD for being such a terrific model---your sis is gonna LOVE it!

B
6/26/2005 5:00:41 AM
Daryl- DD1 is awesome in the Riveria! What a great yarn choice and pattern- did it take long to come together? You should be really happy with the end result. I have a feeling your sister will be! Bri
6/26/2005 7:24:06 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Fabulous Daryl! I know your sister will be proud to wear such a beautiful creation made by her very own sister. I do think the Seaside Drifter socks with it might be a bit much though! lol Are you going to have to make one for DD now? She looks lovely in it. :-}
Benne
6/26/2005 9:52:46 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
The poncho is fantastic, and your daughter looks quite wonderful and glamorous in it! Yes, I`m also waiting for the details on which pattern, gauge (it looks really nice and drapey) and which color Riviera (one of the multis?)!!
Sandra
6/26/2005 10:41:32 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Daryl - WOW! The poncho AND the DD! It looks like a picture straight out of VK!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
6/26/2005 5:44:42 PM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Daryl, SUch beautiful work and model! I thought the Riviera was a great yarn, but didn`t buy any. Your project turned out so very attractive; what a great gift! I too am interested in the drop stitch part of the pattern. Happy knitting, Jamie
6/26/2005 6:47:35 PM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
Very nice! The yarn is beautiful as it the model
6/27/2005 7:07:57 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
I got a little oh no, I`m not sure I like this half way through, but ended up loving the drape of the Riviera. DD#1 wasn`t exactly thrilled to be modelling,but I figured that gave that sultry pout and stare. She looked better before I cropped the picture for the web, and you could see the yarn better, but the dropped stitches flow beauifully with the color changes. It is an incredibly simple poncho. I just cast on I think 91 stitches of the Monte Carlo on size 7 needles and did stockinette for six balls. Then when casting off I knit five dropped a stich, chained a stitch to make up for it and knit four, dropped a stitch etc. Kind of fun to unravel. I crocheted a simple border around three of the sides to keep from rolling, then blocked and folded in half. Seam up half the rectangle, but left space to poke you head through. DONE. It is fun to unravel the dropped stitches. It`s sort of a combination between the Clapotis and a poncho my SIL has.
Benne, the seadrifter socks do go with this, and I`m up to the foot in the second one, thanks again, but they are for the poncho I made for my sister in law. Funny how many of my family are green people. I bought the Monte Carlo for me, and the Purple and blue Skacel for SIL, but when it arrived I liked th purple and blue so much better that I decided to give my sister the Monte Carlo and order more purple and blue for me! Still to be done.
11/22/2005 3:56:18 AM
If you`ve read my previous post, you`ll see that we are close to a pre-Yuletide holiday tour trip to DE-Philly. I could use a yarnful distraction and will be your area. If you want, email over your number, and we can be yarnfully united and then distracted together.

Trying to make lemonade out of lemons-- Bri
11/22/2005 6:49:04 AM
Daryl
Daryl
Posts 3079
Yippeee!! Can`t wait, my first Elannite meeting. I will email you number, address and directions. Daryl
11/22/2005 7:38:50 AM
Send it on over. I`ll be looking for it. Bri
11/22/2005 8:09:27 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
I wanna come! I wanna come too! You two will have such fun!
B2
pages: 1 2 3
HomePrevious Website ChatDaryl