9/15/2008 6:50:36 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
I just received this book in the mail. I like what I read and it is a substantial book. The designs are in various gauges of yarns and he emphasis on making modifications is great. Many are top down - some with top-down set in sleeves which I`d like to try. Yarns required are from DK to bulky - something for everyone and had me thinking about what I have in my stash!
My only regret is that I didn`t order it from Elann (I ordered too soon, I guess) so will not get those vouchers!
Les
9/15/2008 10:08:44 AM
Libby
Libby
Posts 7209
Les,

I ordered it from Elann and am waiting for it to arrive. I`m very fascinated with seamless construction and Wendy Bernard seems to have quite a few of these type patterns. I have the BW book about this and the EZ book but I want to try a pattern that someone has already figured out so I can give it a go before I figure out all the math, knit it up only to find out that I messed up somewhere.

I previewed it on Ravelry and really liked what I saw. There were several patterns in there that I want to knit up. Also it is supposed to talk about how to construct these type of patterns.

Ok enough talk about this knitting stuff. I have a crisis on my hands. I have to figure out whats for supper. Last night we had chicken legs and the only thing I have thawed out is chicken legs...but 2 days in a row?

See what I mean about a crisis?

Ok I`ll stop babbling!

Libby
9/15/2008 3:33:35 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Les,
I plan to get this book too! I have some Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool in the stash that I`d been in a quandry about what to make. This book has a cardigan with the no-sew set-in sleeves that uses this yarn, so I get to try a new technique and use up stash. Libby, I`d better attend to my dinner crisis too, got a 15 year old who has hit his growth spurt, hungry all the time :-).
10/19/2009 4:11:31 PM
Visit www.knitsbyhand.com for custom knitted sweaters, scarves, baby booties, and blankets.
10/20/2009 8:05:21 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Have you thought about setting up an etsy shop?
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatCustom knits