12/8/2006 11:06:16 AM
thechartreuseshepherd
thechartreuseshepherd
Posts 1913
Just a note to let you all know I am still around - just finished a 2 hour MRI - Surgery scheduled for Monday has been postponed due to some conditions. Will see what happens - they need to do something and soon.
I finished and mailed off the Philosopher`s wool pull over I made for my brother. Didn`t enjoy that pattern or working in the natural colors - thought I would never finish it! Now DS thinks it is the most beautiful sweater, and wants one just like it - and he is a BIG boy - it would take me foreverrrrrrrrr!! Also made some fingerless gloves to help my achy hands. I started with my lace knitting - I am not sure this is my thing. I did OK but it was not relaxing! I decided to make a scarf. Put about 5 inches of lace on the ends and then I`m doing a plainer pattern for the middle. Have the front of another sweater done - that is mindless knitting, so put it in the bag for the hospital, whenever they reschedule me.
Anyway, don`t get to the computer often, but enjoy catching up on everyone when I do. If I don`t get back before Christmas - Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
12/8/2006 11:12:07 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Glad you are still knitting along, Cheryl.

Can`t believe that you are gonna be stuck doing another natural colored sweater (doesn`t THAT just figure?) but nice to know your DS adores your work!
12/8/2006 11:39:56 AM
Theresa fom Queensb
Theresa fom Queensb
Posts 818
Glad to hear form you, Cheryl! You may not be at the keyboard much, but you seem to be getting a lot of knitting done...hmmm maybe there is a lesson there....

Merry Christmas!

T
12/8/2006 7:36:56 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Nice to hear from you Cheryl! That is the big knitter`s dilemma, knit to please yourself or the recipient...there must be some middle ground! Glad to hear that you are knitting for yourself, and also enjoying sucess with lace knitting. Merry Christmas to you too!
Sandra
12/8/2006 10:38:18 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Glad to hear from you CS! Wishing you a quick trip into surgery and a speedy recovery. sounds rather contrite but I mean it in the best way! That`s really cool that your son wants something knit by MOM! My kids are reticent to give any positive comments about anything I knit for fear that I actually make them something that they might have to wear to please old mom!!!!
Les
12/9/2006 6:28:27 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Hi Cheryl! Finished that sweater, good for you! Oh my, another PW sweater? Hard to turn down DS for that request. ;-} Glad to hear you are knitting, and lace too. I sure hope you are able to get in and out of surgery and rehab quickly.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Let us hear how you are doing when you can.

Benne
12/9/2006 7:39:36 AM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
I hope it works out that you can have your surgery soon. Natural colors, boring. But I bet the end result was beautiful if you are getting requests from men.
12/9/2006 9:14:40 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Cheryl, It`s so good to hear about you, and to hear about your knitting. I think it`s wonderful to have your DS love you knitting and want a sweater just like the one you just finished. Too bad he doesn`t realize how uninteresting it can be to knit the same sweater twice! and especially in color that you don`t find fun.
Best wishes to you for very successful surgery. We will be thinking of you.
Jamie
12/9/2006 9:43:52 AM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
Hey yourself, Cheryl. Nice to hear from you!

Best wishes for your surgery AND your knitting.

Have a very merry Christmas!
9/8/2009 11:12:17 AM
Just taking a moment to check in.. it`s been ages I know!
DS home from Brazil... DS in college in Northern Vermont.. DS took my computer!! DS opened a custom picture framing, gallery, needlework etc. shop called The Chartreuse Shepherd ... I am manager, chief cook and bottle washer for... We will see if it goes in this economy or not???
I encourage anyone traveling I 95 in Virginia/North Carolina area to check it out. We are located downstairs at The Riverside Mill... Exit 173 just 10 miles from the VA/NC border in Weldon NC The Mill is open 10 - 6 everyday. Check out www.RiversideMill.net
Experience the rebirth of a Historic Carolina Cotton Mill. Shop for Unique Gifts, Antiques Roadshow Treasures and Handmade Carolina Products in a glorious setting. Explore our gleaming, spacious Antiques Mall. Largest Gallery in Craft Art on I 95. Charming Specialty Shoppes.
Anyway.. that is what has been keeping me BUSY.. hoping my body wont give out completely and that I will be able to do what I have to do!!
Hope everyone is doing well...Anyone going to the Fall Fiber festival and sheep dog trials ...Montpielier? near Orange VA... first week-end of Oct.??? I plan to go at least on Sunday.. unless the weather does us dirty... ( I have been selling a fair amount of my handspun yarn!)
Have to run... I will check in when I can...
9/8/2009 3:41:40 PM
DESPERATELY need you to email me at denchief at earthlink.net...please!!!!

Everyone is healthy - just need to get some info...
T
9/8/2009 4:53:56 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Cheryl, you have been busy and productive. I see a very good kind of busy :-) I was reading your first paragraph and wondered how many DSs you had before I realized it was the same one, lol. Good luck with the shop! My DH will probably have business that will take him to DC this year, perhaps I can accompany him and stop by.
9/9/2009 5:18:03 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Glad you are busy, and hope it all goes well! The pics look great!
9/9/2009 6:33:44 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Cheryl purse dialed me the other day and we had a good talk. I was supposed to tell you all hi but I had to go to Nashville yesterday and didn`t get it posted.

Cheryl, I sure do wish we could get together and I`d love to see your shop in the old cotton mill, I love shops in historic buildings.

Take care, wishing you great success with your shop, hope you can get your shoulder fixed soon.

Hugs,
Benne
9/9/2009 7:06:35 AM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Great to hear from you, Cheryl. Sound like a pretty neat place you are set up in! The art you are surrounded by looks top notch. Have fun with your new venture! (glad you have your boy back too!!)
9/9/2009 7:10:11 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
Hey Cheryl! So good to hear from you! I wiah you all the best in your new endeavor. Sounds like a fascinating location and you are well suited for the work. Take care of your health! I wish you stength and fabulous sales in the days, weeks, month to come!
I would love to visit your shop; you can guess that I`d love all your items!
Jamie
9/9/2009 9:20:50 AM
bri
bri
Posts 3164
You are one busy gal! It`s nice to hear from you.
9/9/2009 8:51:51 PM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
I have been wondering about you. Good to know you are so busy, in such a good way. All the best!

Marta
10/15/2009 3:34:40 PM
thechartreuseshepherd
thechartreuseshepherd
Posts 1913
Just checking in... I still do not have my own computer although the shoppe just put in wireless for us!!
The new shop is beginning to take off.. added a new feature we call Decadent Delights... a little Tea shop. We have all wonderful teas and coffees fresh brewed by the cup. Spiced cider, hot cocoa and cold drinks.. We have deserts and candies, fudge etc. Am also selling antique tea cups, saucers and pots etc. Getting some framing coming in as well and commissions for oil portraits... and selling yarn... hand spun and mill produced. Needless to say I keep very busy, but it is better to be busy and around people!
Hope everyone is doing well... I am trying to get 2 baby sweaters finished and DS now wants a hat... Northern Vermont is having snow already.. flurries even in September. I will make him a hat and scarf from our sheep.... I think he will appreciate that! He is loving college and has adjusted VERY well.
10/15/2009 4:56:49 PM
Fantastic Cheryl! I wish I were close enough to drop in - antique tea cups, tea, and yarn? What more do I need?

(Ok, Chocolate. I am SURE you could find me some chocolate...)

T
pages: 1 2