HomePrevious Website ChatGreat projects, Everyone!
Messages in this topic - RSS
12/27/2005 6:30:13 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
I`ve been busy and not able to keep up with chat center pics (DH`s unfinished Xmas scarf had to go in box with yarn still attached, but I did get it done Xmas day!)

Benne, your scarves are fabulous, unquestionably better than the store-bought ones in beauty, originality and sheer verve! I aspire to making ones like that for gift giving, and am including "Scarves of Hope" in my next order.

Bets, that is so thoughtful of you to make this for your friend. You are showing her just how much you care for her and providing a shot of humor in a difficult time.

Shui Kuen, what a beautiful shoulder scarf you made with only 25 grams! I bought that Knitters issue from Ebay after reading some postings between you and Bets about it over a year ago, when I was just considering knitting lace shawls. And your clapotis, wow! Such a lovely shade of blue, is it varigated? The tone on tone blues look very good with the drop stitch.

Sandra
12/27/2005 8:40:04 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Sandra-

Did you take pictures of your DH`s scarf?

B
12/27/2005 8:51:57 PM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Sandra,

Thank you. It sounds like you came in just under the wire. I think the official cutoff is midnight on Christmas. ;-} What pattern did you use? Have you got to make your Faina`s scarf yet? I haven`t started mine and it will probably be a while at the rate I`m going. ;-}
B2
12/28/2005 5:20:57 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13222
Thank you Sandra. Yes, it is varigated yarn.
SK
12/28/2005 9:02:44 AM
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Shui Kuen Kozinski
Posts 13222
Sandra: Can we see your DH`s scarf? He must be very please.
SK
12/28/2005 10:11:56 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
I took Amy`s suggestion for "seeded rib" (thanks, Amy!) for a manly scarf pattern. I think it is also called farrow rib. I added a couple stitches in the beginning and end of row for slip stitch edge. I had about 57" done Xmas eve, wrapped it up, then added 3" on Xmas day (I like round numbers!). And I have a confession to make :-p,...I was originally going to knit it in Dolly Maxi eggplant, that superfine luxurious merino, only had 8 balls, not enough for a sweater. Then I saw a striking two-color sweater designed by Annie Modesitt in the winter IK, back and sleeves the same color, and front a contrasting color, with two color cables forming princess seams. I have a little bit of the Dolly Maxi cranberry, enough to be the contrast color for the eggplant. So instead I used some leftover Bernat Muskoka (superwash merino) in amethyst heather for DH`s scarf...but I`m not going to tell him that he didn`t get the first choice yarn and that I`m guilty of stash hoarding! I`ll take a pic of it soon and post it.

Benne,
I ordered the aubergine in Barakole, it arrived Xmas eve, what a treat! I`m at about row 40 of Faina`s scarf. It IS very nice yarn, soft and with a slight sheen from the silk, which helps in showing up the lace pattern. This is a very good pattern for slanted decreases, know this is the first time for me for one of the slanted double decreases!
Sandra
12/28/2005 10:34:54 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Sandra,

My very wise grandmother told me not to tell my husband EVERYTHING. ;-} You simply made a judicious yarn choice; after all, he`d rather look at you wearing that gorgeous yarn anyway. I can`t wait to see it. :-}
B2
12/28/2005 8:56:50 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4496
Benne,
Thanks for letting me know you think the yarn subsitution was all right...I was feeling a little guilty and selfish (loved ones should have the best) but seeing as he would not know the difference anyway...OK, I`ll leave it at judicious yarn choice!
9/15/2006 10:54:20 PM
jeanflores
jeanflores
Posts 2658
Holy Cow! You guys have been busy!

Evelyn! Those bags are so cool! I love that you put the hardware on them for longevity! Very smart!

Suzann, Isn`t the baby surprise fun? I made a few last year. All were well received. Can`t wait to see the finished baby sweater. The cables are looking great!

Grace, Beautiful granddaughters!

Benne, thanks a lot! lol. Now I`m wishing that I gave in to Mr. Joe. Dang, dang, dang it!

Peace,
Jean
Ansbach, Germany
9/16/2006 7:44:36 AM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Jean, I beleive Mr. Joe is still waiting by the phone for a call any time.
9/16/2006 8:01:48 AM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
Mr Joe is making time with alllll the ladies...
8/15/2009 7:59:50 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Man, I feel like I`m weeks behind here! So, just a pat on the back to Les and Co. for all the eye candy in the sidebar.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatGreat projects, Everyone!