HomePrevious Website ChatSample snips and skeins -- worth it?
Messages in this topic - RSS
6/25/2006 6:49:06 PM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
I noticed the new subscriptions for sample snips and skeins will be available in July. I`ve wondered about this. Does anyone do this? The snips are very affordable; skeins sound kind of fun, but cost more.

Any suggestions either way?

J
6/25/2006 8:11:10 PM
Cate
Cate
Posts 2212
Once you start getting the sample skeins, it is hard to go back. I am happy with my subscription. It is a small present to myself once a month.
Cate
6/25/2006 8:16:34 PM
Les
Les
Posts 4244
Jayne - I love them. I don`t have a LYS close by and maybe get to one 3-4 times a year. If you have the time, it`s fun to knit up the mini skeins and see how they behave. I have a hard time imagining how something will look knit up, especially the ribbon or tape types - I`m fooled every time!
I think you can get the subscription any time of year but if you order now you can get the July`s offerings which will be mailed next week, otherwise you might have to wait until the August group are mailed.
Les
6/25/2006 8:31:49 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
I`m a big snip fan, myself. I found I really didn`t knit up the samples very often, but I find the little samples helpful.

B
6/26/2006 9:15:18 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
I get the snips. Sometimes I wish I had the mini-skeins of a particular yarn, just to see a bit more of a variegated color. But I`m not likely to knit up a swatch really quickly, so.... Snips it is. Plus, you get the entire cost back in $2.50US credits against each $25US yarn purchase.
6/26/2006 11:11:03 AM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
Thanks all,

I`m going for skeins. You get the snips too, and vouchers for the whole cost. I`m tactile...gotta feel the stuff. Plus it might be fun to make something out of all those bits. DD will use what I don`t.

Cate, I`m big on gifts to myself too -- good plan.

J
11/2/2011 4:56:49 PM
Susie in Phx
Susie in Phx
Posts 2
Havent received my samples order yet, but plan to make lengthwise scarves garter st of a variety of yarns. have made several, usually focussed on just 1 color. the variety of textures & shades creates an exquisite sumptious scarf. everyone loves them, & so brainless to do while reading a book. usually cast on abt 200 +/- st on 11 for it, doubling any thin yarns, or just having 2 diff yarns knit as 1. make great thank you's at Christmas, etc. usually edged in eyelash & w/a few strands eyelash elsewhere also. run out of a yarn mid-row, no problem, just attach another. great for using up stash too.
Susie in Phx
11/2/2011 9:29:39 PM
Susie in Phx
Susie in Phx
Posts 2
i posted some pics of the stash garter lengthwise scarves to give u some idea of the lushness of the texture. usually make these at work (cuz brainless) & everyone drools over them.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/gururamdas/stash-lengthwise-garter-scarves
2/10/2013 2:28:08 PM
wood_c.d.57@shaw.ca
wood_c.d.57@shaw.ca
Posts 1
SeeJayneKnit wrote:
I noticed the new subscriptions for sample snips and skeins will be available in July. I`ve wondered about this. Does anyone do this? The snips are very affordable; skeins sound kind of fun, but cost more.

Any suggestions either way?

J
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatSample snips and skeins -- worth it?