12/20/2004 7:18:13 PM
ScullyKnits
ScullyKnits
Posts 2451
Thanks to everyone for the great ideas. I think I`ll throw those pesky slippers in the washer one more time.
1/10/2005 7:43:29 AM
I was hoping that was what it was. I know that this is a Canadian company.

I posted this info on the Knitter`s Forum so the other "newbies" to your terrific yarn will see that. I don`t like using acrylics at all and this will definitely clear up this question to others, WHO DON`T LOOK AT THE FIBER FACTS ON THIS SITE. Sorry to have bothered you!

Hugs, Joan
9/17/2005 5:59:08 AM
You are all so helpful! Thank you!

OK, so the Celadon and Brook Blue are out. The celadon looked like it might be a possibility after I saw the Ribby Cardi photo, but no. Sounds like a gorgeous color, though.

Tranquil Lagoon is too muddy, the color I want is clearer. The wine cozy looks about right, but it`s hard to say.

Starlight blue- that`s it, I think. And it`s currently not available. *sigh* Anyone want to swap for some very pretty hand dyed soft turqoise? {insert weak grin here}
6/19/2006 6:15:46 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
I posted below, but I wanted to make sure everyone sees it...the Readers` Digest Condensed version of the post says:

To everyone: Your help and encouragement are incredibly appreciated. I don`t know if I could have done it without the support. And thanks for sharing your projects, too. They are all wonderful and it`s amazing to see what everyone else is doing.

(Jayne, are you slipping?? Come on, girl, you`re overdue!!!)

Big hug to everyone!
6/19/2006 8:23:45 PM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
I`m sure I speak for more than me when I say it is my pleasure to see your glee at your finished projects. Hmmmm...after all that "moaning" Billie, seems to me you have a lovely cardi AND a gorgeous clapotis (I don`t get that word) finished and OFF the needles. :)

Might I add that neither of these pieces look like the "whip it off in a weekend" kind of work. Both lots of lace and details. Accomplished knitting!

As for me...I am stuck making 36 leather beaded chokers for my DS`s grade-8 grad class. He is finishing up his last year at a school that goes from K to 8, so they`re making a bit of a deal about the 36 kids that are moving on. I`m known as the bead-lady around that school since I do a lot of jewelry design, and have led workshops there from time to time. They get me to make parting gifts for the kids. It`s a Christian school, so celtic crosses/trinity knots are the theme. I will make a bit of a profit off these chokers -- enough to pay for all the yarn I`ve ordered lately.

Maybe I`ll post a pic of all those chokers when I`ve got the last #$% one wired up.

Apart from that, I have some short attention span things on the go. More of that friggin` lace for the cutaway cardi. I started a hexagon from a Norah Gaughan top I want to play around with, and some of that soft ropy cotton came my way today (the Lana Grossa something or other from the other day), and I have this sweatshirt part cast on. I think I`ll finish the sweatshirt part when I`ve done these chokers.

J
6/19/2006 10:10:22 PM
SeeJayneKnit
SeeJayneKnit
Posts 5237
Nope...not Lana Grossa...Filatura di Crosa Adhoc Maxi -- now HOW am I supposed to keep these names straight?! Especially that one. Adhoc Maxi? Sounds suspiciously like feminine protection on the fly.

In any case, it is thickish soft, ropy comfort cotton that knits up bulkish but not too. I want to make the Sweatshirt from Yarn Girls Beyond the Basics. The adhoc is plain lilac, but the seeds and cables of the pattern will liven it up. A very soft pinkish/mauve that I like a lot.

J
11/11/2007 3:01:43 PM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Thank you all for the kind comments! I think I finally figured out an easy way to get the pics to post so will try to keep on top of it a bit more.
11/11/2007 7:27:46 PM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
Billie, all your stuff looks great. Is it a months worth. It would be about 2 years worth at my speed.
11/12/2007 8:44:17 AM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Actually, Amy, the Katrina IS probably about a years worth!!! I fought that neckline for EVER!! And carrying the alternating colors up the sides taught me more about working with stripes and stretchy fabric. I gained a ton of experience from this baby!

The felted clogs took about a week...they usually take two years, but I was desperate.

And the Pacific Holiday Shawl is going to get "fringed".

The
2/18/2008 4:17:44 PM
Svetlana
Svetlana
Posts 489
I really appreciate all the comments on such little FO as my vest. Love the Cash Tweed! I`m so glad I was able to get two colors of it.
2/19/2008 9:24:17 AM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
Svetlana, I didn`t get a chance to comment yesterday but wanted to say that this is a nice use of two colors. Did you pre-wash your Cash Tweed before knitting? I know there had been talk when it first came out that this yarn changed quite a bit after her bath!
2/19/2008 9:58:53 AM
Svetlana
Svetlana
Posts 489
I did! I even blogged about it! I don`t remember who said it was so much better when pre-washed, but I`m glad I followed the advise.
2/19/2008 11:40:01 AM
Billie
Billie
Posts 2646
I`ll go to your blog and read up on the details. Thanks, Svetlana!
2/19/2008 1:18:29 PM
jeanflores
jeanflores
Posts 2658
It`s really a great vest!! Love the stripes!

Peace,
Jean
12/22/2009 10:15:59 PM
Thank you all for the nice words on my bedspread. It took me a month to finish the project. I tried to think it was for my daughter`s wedding gift when I made it, although I don`t know when she will get married. - silly mom.
12/23/2009 3:25:42 AM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Well, if she doesn`t get married soon, will you adopt ME?

;-D

I don`t think it`s silly at all to think like that, and that spread is just gorgeous.
12/23/2009 5:53:27 AM
patw
patw
Posts 2826
Beutiful bedspread, I copied the pattern; it`s the kind of thing that reminds me of my grandmother who taught me to knit and crochet.

I think it`s wonderful to put it away for your daughter. Isn`t that why we call it a "hope chest".
PatQOC
12/23/2009 7:56:33 AM
Amy QOY
Amy QOY
Posts 3839
It is an heirloom no matter who ends up with it.
12/23/2009 8:29:53 AM
Marta
Marta
Posts 2140
It is beautiful and will for sure be a family treasure.
But...just a month?! In my book that was fast...:)
12/23/2009 8:34:16 AM
CatBookMom
CatBookMom
Posts 6264
Your fingers were flying if you only needed a month to finish the design and project. Flora, it`s beautiful, and you`ve created an heirloom for your family and for others who will use the pattern.
pages: 1 2
HomePrevious Website ChatThank You!