together, but to bring her up we need the money which
unforunately we don`t have. No matter how hard we
tried it was impossible to save a descent sum... What
we really need is about USD4,000.00. Could you please be so
kind as not to ignore this note but to send us as much
money as you can?.. Our e-mail address reads as
follows: plshlp2002@yahoo.com
We will reply every message. Thank you very much for
your attention and support! We appreciate it.
3/28/2003 1:48:01 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Yeah, right! Webmaster, can you ditch this posting? If not, could everyone just send me money because it`s falling out of your pockets? I`ll make up a good story, honest!
(snort!)
3/29/2003 3:52:54 PM
I have stewed over this plea for some time now. I have to tell you, first, that this is NOT the place to request monetary assistance. If you are legit then there are so many other ways you can go about getting the help you need. I have so little and am always among the first to help others in whatever way I can. That being said, I am heartsick thinking that you might really need help. I am at the same time sickened that you could be a big fraud like so many other sick people are and therefore I have to say that you should be ashamed of yourself. We have really needy people that require help and are afraid to say so because of stupid people playing games. We have war in different parts of the earth. So much more that makes existence quite trying. My advice to you, if you really need help, is to look into altenative ways to acquire the assistance you seek. If this is a bogus plea, then I suggest to you that you go hang out with others of like mind; other nonhumans with no conscience. Leave honest people alone.
4/2/2003 9:34:41 PM
bets
bets
Posts 18978
Ah, Gregory

You are so much more mature than I (or well-spoken!) I just get mad because there are so many frauds out there. Yes, there are certainly people who need help too, but you are right, this isn`t the place to ask for it. I`ve met so many nice people swapping yarn that I hate to see anyone ripped off, but you`re absolutely right, anyone showing up at a knitting discussion to ask for precisely 4,000.00 for transportation for an infant they haven`t seen in a year just sounds flaky.

Regards-
B
4/3/2003 5:42:36 PM
sandra
sandra
Posts 6
Thanks, Bets & Gregory for responding to this weird posting. This is what I dislike about the Internet--unsavory people ready to take advantage of the naive and kind-hearted. If this is really a legitimate request, why the anonymity? Was there a plshlp2001 and will there be a plshlp2003, plshlp2004...just wondering.
6/26/2004 8:43:14 AM
Michelle
Michelle
Posts 64
Can anyone explain how to tell the difference in different weights of yarn? For example if a pattern calls for worsted weight how do I determine the type of yarn i have? Thanks :)
Michelle
6/26/2004 9:11:08 AM
Hi michelle,
if you click on info/help and then click on yarn faq if you scroll down it shows the gauges and what kind of yarn it equals. your yarn should tell you on the wrapper how many stitches you should get in a 4" swatch. (it can vary) hope this helps.
judy
6/26/2004 9:13:57 AM
benne
benne
Posts 19258
Michelle,

Worsted weight yarns are knit at gauge of 19-20 stitches/4". To determine your gauge in a yarn, you first knit a swatch, generally in stockinette stitch, knit the right side rows and purl the wrong side rows. You keep trying different needle sizes until you get gauge. A much better explanation can be found by Clicking on the info/help button at the top of this page and then FAQ. There is a very good explantion of different yarn sizes and gauges. I hope this helps some.
Benne
6/26/2004 10:15:30 AM
Michelle
Michelle
Posts 64
Thanks so much! You ladies are the best ;)
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatPlease help!