5/10/2003 10:42:57 AM
Just received the May newsletter. Where can I find the short cardigan pattern for the yarn available May 20th.
Thank you
5/12/2003 7:14:52 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1453
All Valeria di Roma designs shown in the May newsletter are from the Spring/Summer 2002 Valeria di Roma Collection. It will be available for ordering from this website starting May 13th.
8/18/2003 11:15:44 AM
I am looking for a tunic length long sleeve cardigan pattern, preferably one that has no buttons. Does anyone have a suggestion?
8/18/2003 5:03:52 PM
Fran
Fran
Posts 351
If you have all the measurements you need, or if you`re knitting it for yourself, I would suggest using Barbara Walker`s Knitting from the Top Down as a way of getting just the result you want in length, both in the tunic and the sleeves...otherwise, one of the pattern links with free patterns may have something you would like....
Good luck and happy knitting.
Fran
1/13/2005 7:39:37 AM
I am searching for a knitting pattern for a 3/4 sleeve, V neck cardigan that has a single tie closure.

I`m not saavy enough to draft my own pattern, but do think I could modify the sleeve length if the pattern had full length sleeves.

Any weight yarn will work.

Many thanks!
1/13/2005 8:02:56 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
Hi there!

What about:
http://whiteliesdesigns.com/patterns/lcardigans/136.html

Or:
http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Just+One+More+Row+Lightning+Lace+Jacket&Cat=&ProductType=4&Count=25

Or:
http://berroco.com/exclusives/lucy_lu.html

Or you could adapt any basic v-neck cardi into a single-tie closure with 3/4 sleeves. If you look at my profile in the biography page, and click on my photos, you`ll see an eyelet cardi in dark blue that was supposed to have a whole row of buttons and 3/4 sleeves, and I crocheted a chain on each side for a tie closure instead and made it with full length sleeves. Can`t remember the pattern name now off the top of my head - but if you like that one I`ll look it out for you.

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
1/13/2005 8:42:13 AM
Eileen ~

Thanks for the prompt reply! It`s funny how things work out. I saw the Lucy Liu link you listed and when I went there, I remembered that I`d viewed that page awhile back but hadn`t bookmarked it. That is exactly the type of sweater I wanted. Now to find a yummy tape yarn to do it in!

What an amazing biography you have! To come all that way for love; and a love you`d never seen! My Mum was a war bride and came to the US from Birmingham, England. She has often spoken of the gut wrenching time she had with homesickness and adjustment. Perhaps you can get DH to go home with you for a vacation.

My husband`s family has roots in Ireland, near Donegal. He has been there and has several other members of the family, but I`ve never "crossed the pond" as they say. Someday....

Again, thanks for the reply!
1/13/2005 9:09:41 AM
bea
bea
Posts 624
Hi MrsBear,

Check out the Schachenmayr Aurora, Filatura di Crosa Elena, and Austermann Caprice in the yarns section -- they`re all similar in gauge to the Berocco Zen (the Aurora and Elena are both tape yarns, not sure about the Caprice), but may be limited in colour selection at this point. Have fun browsing!

Bea
1/13/2005 11:19:10 AM
ecasey
ecasey
Posts 2668
You`re very welcome!

I actually have the Lucy Liu on the needles at the moment (though it has been abandoned for several months now) in glittery Stahl Moonlight.

I found the pattern I used for my tie-closure cardi - it is Shachenmayr booklet #67, using Aurora - which is a tape yarn that Bea mentions.

Donegal is beautiful - I`ve spent manys a holiday there in a caravans and cottages through the years!

I spent a year in Birmingham between grammar school (high school) and university doing live-in voluntary social work with a family (all of whom had disabilities). It`s actually a much nicer city than people give it credit for - I was there when the IRA bombed Manchester and Birmingham, though, so I encountered a bit of hostility because of my accent.

DH`s mother and father both came over from Ireland separately and met and married over here - though he has never been across either. We plan to holiday there at least once a year in the future, but I can`t leave the US until all my immigration stuff is sorted out (or else I`ll be banned from re-entering the US for 10 years), so it`ll be quite a while before we can go. We plan to move back permanently in 10 years or so once DH can take retirement from NY State - looking forward to that!

You should submit your own biography to Ann now that you`ve introduced yourself to us - we`d love to know more about you!

Eileen.

--
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the STARS!" (Oscar Wilde)
1/14/2005 6:29:21 AM
thechartreuseshepherd
thechartreuseshepherd
Posts 1913
OK my brain isn`t doing right. I am knitting a sweater right now that may be what you are looking for. I put down the info, but it is under a new title and that is ??? Look under that and see if that is what you are looking for!!
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatCardigan pattern