HomePrevious Website ChatEuroflax Heathers 100% linen
Messages in this topic - RSS
5/8/2003 1:14:59 PM
The skein band suggests a #5mm (8US) needle to give a gauge of 4.5 sts to an inch. I have tried using a #6needle and only get a gauge of 4.25 sts to an inch.
Should I double the yarn? Suggestions?
5/9/2003 7:25:31 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1459
My suggestion would be to use the linen single-stranded. I would use any needle size that produces a fabric you like, then find a pattern to match the gauge you`ve produced. I would try several swatches, and I would wash and machine dry them before making my final decision. Keep in mind that linen is crisper than most fibers, and can hold a fairly loose gauge nicely.
5/12/2003 7:57:48 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Hi Thelma,
Actually, I had a question for you! I haven`t knitted with 100% linen yarn before, but have heard it is difficult to knit with. Is this true, and does it need to be dry cleaned?
5/13/2003 9:04:25 AM
Sandr,
I recently completed a pullover of Euroflax. I used a pattern from Diane Soucy (Knitting Pure and Simple) for a Henley T Shirt.
The sweater is very pretty and very HEAVY. The yarn was not hard to work with and I hand washed and blocked it before I wore it.
It doesn`t have much elasticity so it "hangs" on me exactly as I blocked it. The girls at work all loved it and said the "loose" look is quite stylish.....hmmmmm!!??
5/13/2003 11:12:18 AM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Thanks Mestin for replying! I`ll keep that in mind, definitely want to try linen, maybe a summer shell to see how I like working with it. I`ve used a Diane Soucy pattern this past winter -- the V-neck cardigan and liked it so much I sent in for her side to side cardigan pattern to use for some Elle Mohair Print that I bought from this site last fall. Hope to get some slimming vertical stripes from the result!
5/16/2003 12:01:26 PM
I made the Colori tank on the free patterns page with 4 strands of the 14/2 Euroflax Elann had earlier. It turned out really cute. The stitch pattern looked great in the linen and the pattern did OK with the drape. I loved knitting with the linen.
5/16/2003 1:03:46 PM
Sandra D
Sandra D
Posts 4497
Thanks for the info! I don`t really like to work with anything thinner than dk and I thought Elann did offer some euroflax, but very light weight, so I ignored it.
It`s useful for future reference to know that it can be knit with multiple strands with good results.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatEuroflax Heathers 100% linen