HomePrevious Website ChatWhite Buffalo Unspun Wool
Messages in this topic - RSS
3/7/2003 4:13:28 PM
Help- How do you work with this stuff. Someone told me you pull it out from the center, but I`ll be knitting along and one of the 6 strands will be broken. Do you just ignore this and keep going or what? Would appreciate some help.
3/8/2003 3:21:24 PM
hi Dixie, i am a new knitter of White Buffalo, so i`m sure others will have more suggestions for you. I am making (or at least attempting to ;o) ) my first sweater out of it. I have found few breaks in mine, but i was told that if i found breaks, to roll the two ends, overlapping, in the palm of my hands, and continue knitting, which i have done and seems to work fine so far. Leave yourself about a 3 inch lapover. Hope this helps...
3/9/2003 8:42:50 AM
acb
acb
Posts 1453
Hello Dixie,

There`s a wealth of discussion about White Buffalo at this chat center. You can find it easily by typing the words "White Buffalo" into the "Search" function, which will produce all posts on the topic to date. I`d *strongly* recommend *not* pulling the yarn from the inside of the cake. Instead, work from the outside of the cake, unwinding a yard or two before you knit each row. If you do this, I`d be surprised if you any breakage at all. There`s also an excellent review of White Buffalo yarn at the Knitter`s Review site at ww.knittersreview.com/article_yarn.asp?article=/review/product/020905_a.asp.
3/10/2003 9:49:54 AM
Jamie
Jamie
Posts 3462
I have used White Buffalo for a number of projects. I would always take the yarn strands from the outside of the skein. This unspun roving breaks easily but is strong after being knit. Sometimes I find extra length sections in one of the strands. You can break the yarn and rejoin in the manner stated in the previous message. I "reattaches" to the other strands very easily. I use is in 3 strands (after carefully dividing the six as they come off the pack) and it is just right for 3 or 3 1/2 sts. per inch and Icelandic sweater type projects. The unspun nature of the wool gives it great warmth and great softness.
pages: 1
HomePrevious Website ChatWhite Buffalo Unspun Wool