4/29/2014 3:25:24 PM
capeshicken
capeshicken
Posts 3
Hello all new here and i think in over my head. Promised my brother in law knitted shawls for this Christmas for him to give as gifts. Picked the Voyager pattern and there in is the problem. New to knitting lace but i do know what the abbreviations stand for, what i don't understand is the pattern repeat within the pattern repeats. Like those in rows 2, 4, 5, and 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated in making this happen for him. I love to knit and love to challenge myself. Thank you in advance.
5/7/2014 9:39:41 AM
maggie
maggie
Posts 58
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I took a look at the Voyager Stole pattern for you. While this is a challenging pattern, once you have it set you should be good to go. I would recommend knitting a good size swatch first to practise. You can also use markers between each set of pattern repeats, so you don’t lose your way.

The pattern says that from one * to the next, is one pattern repeat. Depending on the size you are knitting will mean how many repeats of each pattern you will make. So if you are knitting the largest size (7 repeats), row 2 will look like this.

Row 2 - Sl1, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, k4, k2tog, p2, k3, p2, end with k1.

You should have 97 sts at the end of this row.

Let me know if this helps. You can also email me directly at customerservice@elann.com

All my best,
Maggie
5/7/2014 11:29:12 AM
capeshicken
capeshicken
Posts 3
Thank you ever so much Maggie for answering. Yes the explanation should make my life simpler I hope. As soon as i finish the Moon River from Ravelry I will be trying Voyager which I think is absolutely beautiful. If i can get it to work might be making it for my daughters boyfriends mom for Christmas. Again thank you and yes i will let you know if i get it or not.
pages: 1
HomeTechnique ChatNow Voyager